• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Greg Barsby was at my (former) DGA membership tournament on Saturday.
Picked up a Glow Scorpius (autographed) and a Proto-Millenium Falcon
picture.php

Last edited:
17de2ea46ed9ee4bb15424dc69643eab.jpg

Really been digging the eagle/banshee combo for my drivers, and recently discovered that I love putting with Aviars. Went ahead and stocked up . Love some dx plastic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17de2ea46ed9ee4bb15424dc69643eab.jpg

Really been digging the eagle/banshee combo for my drivers, and recently discovered that I love putting with Aviars. Went ahead and stocked up . Love some dx plastic lol

How does the plastic of those Aviars compare to those bottom stamp Rocs you got?

How does the plastic of those Aviars compare to those bottom stamp Rocs you got?

Really similar, nice and stiff. The rocs almost feel like really stiff star plastic, which makes them feel really beefy, which I like in a roc. The Aviars are nice and stiff but feel like dx that I'm used to, which is good also because they glide for days.

Such great colors for discs. I've never thrown a dx valk, May need to pick one up

DX Valkyrie is a nice disc but can be fragile. Last one I had cracked on the first drive after hitting a tree about 200 feet away. It was brand new. Since then the fastest discs I get in DX are Teebirds & Eagles.

My favorite Valkyrie plastic is Champ, but also really like Pro. It is a really good middle ground between DX and premium.

DX Valkyrie is a nice disc but can be fragile. Last one I had cracked on the first drive after hitting a tree about 200 feet away. It was brand new. Since then the fastest discs I get in DX are Teebirds & Eagles.

My favorite Valkyrie plastic is Champ, but also really like Pro. It is a really good middle ground between DX and premium.

Maybe I got a freak but the champ Valk I got is almost unthrowably overstable. Like it makes a fine forehand disc, but I have Thunderbirds for that. Pro and DX are smooth flying hyzer flip drivers that give even my noodly backhand an easy 350'.

Maybe I got a freak but the champ Valk I got is almost unthrowably overstable. Like it makes a fine forehand disc, but I have Thunderbirds for that. Pro and DX are smooth flying hyzer flip drivers that give even my noodly backhand an easy 350'.

Is it a newer style stamp embossed one? I've experienced throwing some beefy Valks and they are not so fun.

The Champ ones I like are older, with the old style stamp. Flies like Pro but barely showed any wear even when playing on a course with rocky fairways. Plastic is fingerprinty though, which I take to mean it is breaking down?

If the plastic is very stiff then it is a product of the Jolly Launcher plastic. Some Jolly Launcher Champion came out so stiff, just below legal limit it had to be sold as Jolly Launcher Champion with the DX stamp, just not saying DX on the disc almost as if that part was not stamped on. Anyhow the reviews in the limited section of the Innova Disc Golf Por shop some were saying that disc was OS not really saying how OS in most but some saying good wing Champion Eagle, this is the reason I now get the Glow plastic for the Valkyrie as that is closer to the old Champion Valkyrie as in some runs of regular Champion the plastic is stiff making me think the disc will be OS.

So in short try the Glow Champion plastic.

Bought a FR Lots the other day to hold onto because it seemed pretty reasonable after watching other FR kastas hit outer space prices.

I have a champ Valk like that as well. Beefy and glideless. It has no real dome to speak of. I don't have any other Valks to compare the PLH with

I picked up a Champion Dyed Valk a few summers ago that fights for the ground as soon as it leaves my hand. It looks cool, but it sits on the shelf while my Pro Valks are flying.

Picked up an Uli Raptor, a MJ Comet, and a BigZ Raptor today. Since I'm not throwing forehand currently (strained rotator cuff) I think I've thrown a predator 1-2 times in the last couple weeks. Going to try out the Raptor in that slot, and when I can throw forehand again keep it under 200ft. When I really start pushing 300+ is when I start having problems - and I need that 80-150 forehand as part of my game and I can't use it right now.

Got a K1 Berg and yeeeeeah that's gonna be in the bag. What an awesome lid!

Snagged a pair of beautiful chameleon Stags and already used one...the other is so pretty. May be a while before the Aqua one finds the bag.

Been out of the game for 5 years but decided to start playing again due to the pandemic halting organized play of my other hobby Magic: the Gathering and my local lgs shutting down until this goes away. Here's what I bought in the last 3 weeks:

BT hard Harp, glimmer x Harp, glimmer X Gatekeeper, glimmer X River, VIP Sampo, TP Sword x 2, moonshine Queen, TP Sorcerer, TP Ahti and BT hard Maiden. Always been a fan of Westside discs so I'm playing catch up on the molds I missed out on.

Latest posts