• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Agree - S lines (with the new stamp style) need to be run again - I also really like the S-line CD - and I talked to a guy who used to work with Discmania and he said they only did 1 run of those newer stamped S-line CD's ----I was like....but....they're gonna make more....right?

I hope so, I could see my control drivers going a couple PD's a couple CD's and a TD in stages of wear ---but for now I have a mondo mix of molds, and that's ok, but the PD, CD, TD in S-line would be nice ---without the cheesy cartoon zombies n shiiitts on it

I think DM support kinda, sorta said new runs of S-FD and S-PD are on the way. They aren't generally very commital in the ask DM thread.

Checked my stash last night while pulling out a slightly beat S-PD to put back in the bag. Still have another fresh one at 172g so I'm good.

I have one of those old run freak stamped S-PD's and have had it continually in the bag for years now. The thing is GD ugly (and not just the stamp. That's been mostly worn off). It is my go to driver and is still incredibly reliable to not flip in anything short of a hurricane, but still has the glide to get out to the same distances as any distance driver that I've tried. The problem is I only have one and live in fear of losing it and there is no where up here that has any stock of S-PDs. Hoping to score on a trip down to Mandos and Chainbangerz in Seattle in a week.

If I don't score a back up, I might need to consider a different mold. But first, do the c-lines have the glide that SPDs have? I have a P-line that is a great distance disc but is not trustworthy in the wind. Don't really dig the feel of G either.

Considering going to MVP Photons if I can't find another S. Any thoughts?

Agree - S lines (with the new stamp style) need to be run again - I also really like the S-line CD - and I talked to a guy who used to work with Discmania and he said they only did 1 run of those newer stamped S-line CD's ----I was like....but....they're gonna make more....right?

I hope so, I could see my control drivers going a couple PD's a couple CD's and a TD in stages of wear ---but for now I have a mondo mix of molds, and that's ok, but the PD, CD, TD in S-line would be nice ---without the cheesy cartoon zombies n shiiitts on it

The Discmania store seems to have a decent supply of S-line PDs in 175 and the low 170s. But if you don't want to order discs or pay the higher prices, then that makes sense.

got two metal flakes on the way. I think I have really hit my quota on the pd. every plastic-base, p line, gstar, star, luster, champ and now metal.

wish I could say I have a variety of runs but I got onto the bandwagon kind of late this will be my third season with the pd in the bag.

so far the most stable runs have been the original tenth anniversary luster. more os than all post luster runs after that. the champ freak stamps were nice and stable too but the tenth anniversary's are that old school rock hard champ that is so hard to find.

the p lines are a great seasonal grade still stable and great grip.

all of my star's though beautiful and swirl have been too soft, the d lines were a joke and just turned and burned. out of a handful of gstar found one that
is very stable-a light one that I wish so bad was heavier and had a mate.

Last edited:
got two metal flakes on the way. I think I have really hit my quota on the pd. every plastic-base, p line, gstar, star, luster, champ and now metal.

wish I could say I have a variety of runs but I got onto the bandwagon kind of late this will be my third season with the pd in the bag.

so far the most stable runs have been the original tenth anniversary luster. more os than all post luster runs after that. the champ freak stamps were nice and stable too but the tenth anniversary's are that old school rock hard champ that is so hard to find.

the p lines are a great seasonal grade still stable and great grip.

all of my star's though beautiful and swirl have been too soft, the d lines were a joke and just turned and burned. out of a handful of gstar found one that
is very stable-a light one that I wish so bad was heavier and had a mate.

For the 10th anniversary lusters it really depends on the color. The green one I have is very stiff and basically a 3rd run where as the blue one I have is not as stiff and more similar to a normal c-line. The freak stamps are very stable and are the closest thing to a 1st run to me in terms of stability and how flat they are.

The metal flakes are probably my favorite run in a while. I really like the 7th runs for their glide and versatility and I like my 3rd and 1st runs for the overstable. The metal flakes seem like they are going to take over for my 3rd runs because they are basically the same in dome and stability, the only difference is they aren't as stiff.

I'm in love with PDs so Ive tried just about every run and plastic. I'm glad I bought 3 because people are gonna try to hoard these once they realize how great they are.

Just confirmed this today.. got a couple max weight blue-green ones. Just awesome. Grippy, stiff, and reliably beefy. Awesome run of frisbees! :D

I also picked up a couple max weight MF PD's. They're meet hooks. They're kind of between an FD3/firebird and a PD2. Not sure I'll bag them because of the overlap.

really? I got mine in the mail, blue green. pretty discs. noticed they had considerable dome. an older c line run and these are my most domey pd's to date.

if they are over stable as advertised I won't be that disappointed cause a considerable amount of my pd stock is leaning less overstable than I'd like.

I also picked up a couple max weight MF PD's. They're meet hooks. They're kind of between an FD3/firebird and a PD2. Not sure I'll bag them because of the overlap.

I got a couple blue-green ones like Dr. Smooth.. Guess us Doctors think alike. :p
I don't think they're Firebird OS.. definitely beefy though. On a good rip mine goes straight with a dependable fade when slowing down. I don't feel like mine overlaps with anything, it's found a way into a slot in my bag.

I got a couple blue-green ones like Dr. Smooth.. Guess us Doctors think alike. :p
I don't think they're Firebird OS.. definitely beefy though. On a good rip mine goes straight with a dependable fade when slowing down. I don't feel like mine overlaps with anything, it's found a way into a slot in my bag.

So it's like a PDx, right?

really? I got mine in the mail, blue green. pretty discs. noticed they had considerable dome. an older c line run and these are my most domey pd's to date.

if they are over stable as advertised I won't be that disappointed cause a considerable amount of my pd stock is leaning less overstable than I'd like.

The AJ PDs I have are quite overstable. Not sure I'll need another OS pd...hmm.

Picked a MF up at a shop today, can confirm slight dome and nice plastic, slightly grippy for C line. Compared PLH to my flat, beefy 167g Jolly Launcher and the MF is a touch lower. Compared PLH and dome on 8 MF at the shop and they were identical. Mine scaled at 175g on the button.

Gonna throw it soon, hoping for workable beef.

Picked a MF up at a shop today, can confirm slight dome and nice plastic, slightly grippy for C line. Compared PLH to my flat, beefy 167g Jolly Launcher and the MF is a touch lower. Compared PLH and dome on 8 MF at the shop and they were identical. Mine scaled at 175g on the button.

Gonna throw it soon, hoping for workable beef.

Threw the MF in the field today, confirmed beefy and some of the best grip I've felt on C/champ plastic. More dome than I prefer on a PD. Not gonna kick the flat, beefy 167g JL out of the bag at this point. I'm sure I'll like it better after some wear so I'll keep messing with it. Wish they ran some in lighter weights.

So, my PD 'cycle' currently is:

167g JL, flat with slightly higher PLH. Beefy but workable, this is a disc that's convincing me that I should probably throw 170g or less for drivers.

171g S line, just put it in the bag so it's still very OS, should work in nicely in about a month.

171g S line, finally beat an S line in enough to kick my moderately beat P line out. Good distance for me, dependsble fade, probably about -1/2 for turn/fade.

I have a couple beat P lines that are less stable but that encroaches on my SOLSs, and I love my SOLSs for S/US lines. Have some fresh P lines that I also love but I'm gonna let them sit for a while.

Must I banish my SOLSs in order to be a true cycler?

Must I banish my SOLSs in order to be a true cycler?

Indeed. A true cycler must banish that which makes his bag impure! Become one with the mold. Only then can he attain the power of a perfect cycle...
GpvsxTV.jpg

Just picked up a CPD 167g on a whim. Pop top.

Build me a noodle armed distance lineup out of nothing greater than rim width 1.9mm... GO! EDIT and oh yeah nothing OOP

Last edited:
Hey look, I double-bumped this thread. Oh well!

So thought experiment time - I was thinking about checking out a very light weight disc to rip on for distance, but I have never been a big fan of bubble plastic, especially the newer stuff with the bubbles in the rim. I have considered MVP fission plastic, but that's for a different thread.

I was thinking to myself, how can I combine very low weight for added distance without sacrificing all my control in the process? I really want something to lean into in calm conditions and throw Simon-style monster hyzer lines.

That's when I took a closer look at inflight and realized that the PD might be perfect for this - narrow rim to speed ratio, so I can go real light even in champ (found them <150g in C on infinite just now) without needing to go blizzard.

The question is, has anyone tried these super lightweight CPDs? Do they fly like a PD should in calm conditions?