• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Judging off the crazy OS FD3 I have, even an overstable PD would have more distance potential.

Got dome? I don't think any PD comes very close to Simon's pop-top Doombird II. :D

I was so lucky yesterday, checked out the 10 PDs in the pro shop, one of the P-Pd was all zombie colored and had the patent number!..

Sorry to bother you all but I wanted advice from experienced pd-throwers.

I think I bought myself a second 3rd run c-line (owner found it not overstable anymore <3) and started thinking, is this the ultimate run for someone who throws them 375'?
Are they the fattest (edit: flatest x) PD after the P-line?

On the field I get it as far as my poptop freak S-line, which have more dome but slightly more stability still. I have a feeling the S-line will glide forever one day.

Which PD are your favorite for 400' straight to hyzer finish?

Sorry to bother you all but I wanted advice from experienced pd-throwers.

I think I bought myself a second 3rd run c-line (owner found it not overstable anymore <3) and started thinking, is this the ultimate run for someone who throws them 375'?
Are they the fattest (edit: flatest x) PD after the P-line?

On the field I get it as far as my poptop freak S-line, which have more dome but slightly more stability still. I have a feeling the S-line will glide forever one day.

Which PD are your favorite for 400' straight to hyzer finish?

1st runs are the flattest, most 3rd runs have a slight dome and not many are really that flat. 1st runs however are always flat.

The "ultimate run" really depends on what characteristics. 1st runs are flat and overstable, 3rd runs are overstable and stiff, 7th runs are straighter and glidier, some s-line runs are really good, and same with the new metal flakes. I throw a lot of different pds and my lineup changes from time to time. Sometimes I have a 1st run in the bag, sometimes a 3rd run, and sometimes a metal flake. It all depends on what you are looking for out of the disc.

Personally, I think 7th run c-line pds are some of the best for that straight to hyzer shot, they are straighter than most other runs and they wanna hold straight for a while before they finish. Also all the new s-lines are very nice for this shot as well.

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like super beefy pds?

First run c lines were cool but for something like that I'd rather just throw a firebird. In my opinion FR s line > FR c line.

I like them a little beat so you get that slight flip to flat froma shallow hyzer then ride nice and straight before the fade. Typically I use a pd as my overhand disc for a season or two then it gets moved to the workhorse driver.

First run c lines were cool but for something like that I'd rather just throw a firebird. In my opinion FR s line > FR c line.

I like them a little beat so you get that slight flip to flat froma shallow hyzer then ride nice and straight before the fade. Typically I use a pd as my overhand disc for a season or two then it gets moved to the workhorse driver.

You're not the only one. I have bagged the same FR C-Line since the DGR release, and it's now acting like a fresh FR S-Line. I find myself just putting in the S-Lines instead. As someone who has always preferred the Champ blends, I love that era's Star variants. I think it might get my vote (today) for favorite plastic.

a seasoned s line is a thang of beauty they just flip to flat and ride for a county mile then forward fade

The "ultimate run" really depends on what characteristics. 1st runs are flat and overstable, 3rd runs are overstable and stiff, 7th runs are straighter and glidier, some s-line runs are really good, and same with the new metal flakes. I throw a lot of different pds and my lineup changes from time to time. Sometimes I have a 1st run in the bag, sometimes a 3rd run, and sometimes a metal flake. It all depends on what you are looking for out of the disc.

I see! I have a feeling I prefer a slight dome. I grabbed another two that came out for sale, all because former owners didn't find them stable enough anymore... :D

This is exactly the stability I'm looking for. Since I play mostly wooded courses I rarely get to lean in on a flat release and hence need a overstable PD (got the doombird for hyzer in headwind). I'm working on upping the speed on my distance drives and if I can get the Pd to fly as it does in a mild headwind I have my new go-to control driver for sure...

Any way to tell what run PD this is.
4ab8d7eba12ea7d1500e77392846cc49.jpg
dd4d26d806b7dd5eddad18f8d9e8722f.jpg
669eaa97834cdde3c3378b22466187dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looks like one of the more "standard dome" runs. Probably somewhere in the 8,9,10 range.

I have a 10th run, same weight, looks just like that.

Got a bunch of Swirly S-Line F2's from the Proshop. They all showed up in stock at once, and there were a good number of them at first, probably 100 or so across 3 weights. So I'm thinking this is too many to be a CFR/TFR special run type thing and that we have new swirly PD's coming at some point in the near ish future? Has DM said anything about swirly PDs? Did I just get the coolest person packing my orders and they gave me all the swirly PD's?

Latest run C-lines look awesome. Just a slight done and very sharp feeling rim

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

I just grabbed one off the interwebz. I'll post a side-by-side with a 1st Run when it gets here mid-week

When i checked my local store he had a handful, C-line had notebly more dome than the 3rd run while the metalflakes was way closer!
Did i squeeze on 2017 c-line?
Oh well, good thing i dont mind throwing simple blue c-line since i for some reason, found 3 blue 3rd runs...

I bought one of the newest run mini bar stamps from the Discmania store. The parting line height on this thing is crazy high. Higher than my Big D in the Desert CFR, and in a completely different ballpark than the stock stamp first runs. There is next to no dome, just a bit of a rise in the middle of the flight plate. Plastic feels good too.
I can't wait to rip into it in the field, but it will be a couple days before my back heals up from its most recent spaz-out.

I just got a couple 8th run PD's from a gentleman on here, along with some P2's.. what should I expect with an 8th run? Educate me PD brethren

Since DM doesn't want to make PDs in less than max weight any more, I have a sweet looking 167g c-PD on the way from the marketplace. Tell me about 10th runs please, he says it's not domey but has a heartbeat.

I just got a couple 8th run PD's from a gentleman on here, along with some P2's.. what should I expect with an 8th run? Educate me PD brethren

Very reliable, slightly OS. They have some dome to them for sure but they have a great flight. Full power rips with a flat release for me were about 375' straight with healthy fade. They won't flip up on a hyzer release. I have a couple more 8th runs that are still in the bag that are more worn in and they still fly like new. I trust them into a 15-20mph headwind.

Less beefy than 1st and 3rd runs but I think they are the most OS outside of those runs that I know of (the newest run might be changing that, will know this week).

Latest posts