• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Yeah I know it's off-topic since we're talking about the new c-line/opto ice but I really want Latitude to make some Saints or Fuses in that plastic since it seems like most molds that are molded with it are beefier and perhaps more durable as well. There's quite a few Trilogy molds that could use the opto ice treatment.

The couple of the newer C-Line PDs though, I would say are more mellow/straighter side of PD, however it's a brand new mold so who knows how the old Innova mold would fly like in that new italian stuff.

I know I saw Ice Fuses somewhere...turns out they were Gold Ice???

I know my C-PDs have been on the beefy side, but mine are rock hard with some dome. Did pick up an eagle on a short par 4 with my purple and it almost went in for an Albatrace! I really want a less beefy one, but even the S-PD and Lone Howl 2 I picked up (at PIAS no less) are more OS than my C-PDs.

All 999 listed at 173-175 - sold out in 30 minutes.

Maybe you havent tried the new italian c-line? Its alot nicer than the plastic you'll be getting if you order the innova run. Also in this case, this is a special blend s-line that has the new italian c-line mixed in...and as they noted this run is a little less stable than the c-line PD. Really nice grippy plastic.

I would wonder if it would make more sense for this thread to split into one for the Phantom Sword and one for the Italian PDs.

I consider all the new Italian DM molds P2s, FDs, PDs etc in name only.

I would wonder if it would make more sense for this thread to split into one for the Phantom Sword and one for the Italian PDs.

I agree the new Innova and new Discmania molds should be separate. Comparisons are fine for crossover.

I only threw the old G-line PD. It was much straighter than the two C-line I have now. Old one is in a pond because wind read was NOT the real wind…
:doh:

I agree the new Innova and new Discmania molds should be separate. Comparisons are fine for crossover.

I only threw the old G-line PD. It was much straighter than the two C-line I have now. Old one is in a pond because wind read was NOT the real wind…
:doh:

It's nice that Innova ran a bunch of the classics in premium, but I know we are all secretly hoping for driver pro...

I have three 150-gram DGCR/Zam-stamped S-PDs from at least a decade ago. The other day I put one in the bag and . . . dagummit, it is exactly the stable distance driver that I need.

Such a shame that Discmania is unwilling/incapable of producing drivers in the 150-gram range.

Just got the notification that my 'Nordic Phenom' PDs just shipped out and was curious if anyone has gotten their hands on 'em yet?
Particularly stoked for these because the Special Blend S-Line, for the Cloudbreakers, feels exactly like my favorite plastic (Lat 64 Royal Grand). And the profile (from the couple photos I've seen in the FB groups) looks VERY similar to my favorite run of PD, the DM1. Anyone here had a chance to check these out yet?

Just got the notification that my 'Nordic Phenom' PDs just shipped out and was curious if anyone has gotten their hands on 'em yet?
Particularly stoked for these because the Special Blend S-Line, for the Cloudbreakers, feels exactly like my favorite plastic (Lat 64 Royal Grand). And the profile (from the couple photos I've seen in the FB groups) looks VERY similar to my favorite run of PD, the DM1. Anyone here had a chance to check these out yet?

They feel amazing, I'm getting at least 3 more

They feel amazing, I'm getting at least 3 more

How did you order them? DM website says not available until 9-21-22?

"They" can go have "their" own thread if "they" want...this thread references the disc that has always been produced by Innova. This disc is called the PD and anything else Innova wants to rebrand it as. Company's that stamp discs produced by another company, then change from that company to another company to have this new company stamp their discs can start their own thread if they want to. #INNOVA4LIFE lol

"They" can go have "their" own thread if "they" want...this thread references the disc that has always been produced by Innova. This disc is called the PD and anything else Innova wants to rebrand it as. Company's that stamp discs produced by another company, then change from that company to another company to have this new company stamp their discs can start their own thread if they want to. #INNOVA4LIFE lol

Interesting take. Another, equally valid, take is that this thread is about the "PD" disc that Discmania used to contract to Innova, but now manufacturers in Sweden. An Innova disc thread will have the Innova prefix highlighted (not Discmana).

Here: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140755&highlight=Phantom+sword

Last edited:
I agree this thread should continue to be about the mold that it always has been and the ferrari gucci PD should have it's own thread.

haters gonna hate, i appreciate the new and old runs.

Discmania left and injected ferrari Gucci plastic into the same molds…

And_I_Took_That_Personally.jpg