• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I've been throwing Cannons over my Destroyers lately and I think (If I can hoard enough of them), I'll be slowly transitioning to Cannon. Would PDs fit between Teebirds and Cannons, or better between Buzzs and Cannons? I'm not sure I want to give up my Teebs, but I'm not sure how much of a D gap there will be with the Teebs and Cannons.

I'm assuming you like the stiffer P-line's without much dome to them?

I don't really mind the Freak stamp, but I'm not heartbroken it's been nixed; it will be interesting to see if that also signals a newer run. I've noticed the new shield stamps in a pretty limited selection of colors - mainly yellow, leading me to believe it is a new run. One thing that was nice about the Freak S-PD runs was consistency; pretty much a 9/4/0/3 from all of them I've thrown (when fresh).

that's why I almost exclusively use SPD's, incredible HSS and last for a long time.

I remember when I first saw the freak stamp all I could think was, What is that guy looking at?

that's why I almost exclusively use SPD's, incredible HSS and last for a long time.
Yep, the PD is definitely a longer Teebird.

I have a super beat shield stamp PD that has finally gotten a tick of late high speed turn to it, but with the C- and S-line PD's, it's never a question of what the HSS will be, but more how OS they'll be when they're fresh.

what speed is a PD? 9 or 10? how can some sites list the Prodigy H2 or H3 as speed 9, when they have 2.0 cm rims; meanwhile list a PD as a speed 10, when it is 1.9 cm rim?

I am looking for a true speed 10 disc, I need just a hair more distance.... which disc would that be? orc?

what speed is a PD? 9 or 10? how can some sites list the Prodigy H2 or H3 as speed 9, when they have 2.0 cm rims; meanwhile list a PD as a speed 10, when it is 1.9 cm rim?

I am looking for a true speed 10 disc, I need just a hair more distance.... which disc would that be? orc?

A hair more distance than what?

Beat me to it.

It's splitting hairs here for "speed" 9/10. Move up to Wraith/Destroyer if faster is necessary.

Innova Wraiths are awesome, but I usually throw them 50 feet further into a headwind compared to my EO Glow Domey PD's which don't like a headwinds at all.

Thinking of trying the Axiom Wrath.

I am looking for a true speed 10 disc, I need just a hair more distance.... which disc would that be?
DD from Discmania is a speed 11and will give you "a hair more distance".

Having thrown both the DD and the Wrath, you're going to get more HSS and LSS from the DD.

DD from Discmania is a speed 11and will give you "a hair more distance".

Having thrown both the DD and the Wrath, you're going to get more HSS and LSS from the DD.

I had a DD, sold it though. It was beefier and shorter than a few of my wraiths I believe, which isn't a bad thing. I might try to buy a cheap used one and see how it flies again, pre seasoned.

I kind of like the idea of the wrath being less HSS and less LSS, i Like the volt, and if it's longer volt, that sounds interestin. I plan on using it for straight tailwind distance when I don't want the disc to fade too hard.

S-DD is money, I kept having issues flipping my 167g star destro over so I got a champion one and then started throwing my S-DD, just goes straight, and then fades. It does not turn at all for me yet.

The JL champ DD i got with it, is more OS than my PD2 haahaha.

Indeed; the C-line DD's are some of the beefiest discs I've ever thrown - I liked that Nate Sexton ace he had with one, and you could tell he threw it knowing the headwind wouldn't touch it.

S-DD is money, I kept having issues flipping my 167g star destro over so I got a champion one and then started throwing my S-DD, just goes straight, and then fades. It does not turn at all for me yet.

The JL champ DD i got with it, is more OS than my PD2 haahaha.

My buddy throws C-line DDs and used to throw S-line DDs... They're pretty high speed stable but I wouldn't call them beefy. They're pretty straight for a high speed driver. Once in a while you'll get a freak overstable one that doesn't like to fly, but those are not common.

I haven't tried the JL runs yet.

I would - and the C-Line and S-Line are nowhere near the same in terms of stability. Pro Tip: JL is C-line.

My buddy throws C-line DDs and used to throw S-line DDs... They're pretty high speed stable but I wouldn't call them beefy. They're pretty straight for a high speed driver. Once in a while you'll get a freak overstable one that doesn't like to fly, but those are not common.

I haven't tried the JL runs yet.