• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Practice Net for garage/backyard

acrosley

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I know there's about a dozen or so Golf and baseball nets on Amazon and elsewhere. Anyone have any specific recommendations? Seems like they range in price from 30ish-80ish and not sure if golf vs baseball net is better for catching frisbees.

I'd primarily be using it in the backyard but would also like to use it in the garage so 7' x 7' most likely

My grandson has a baseball net, and his is springy. I've used a golf net way back when, and would probably be good enough for a disc. A few years ago, I bagged an object course than played around a soccer field. There were portable soccer nets for practice, and I threw a few discs to warm up, they were airy and allowed the disc to travel several feet, before the disc was snagged by the net. I would go with the soccer net, amazon has them in various size.

I have thrown at the soccer net on the nearby field and accidentally hit it. It goes right through.

Currently I use a bed sheet hung on an old swing set. It works fine but the disadvantage is you can't set a radar gun behind it.

I have thrown at the soccer net on the nearby field and accidentally hit it. It goes right through.

Currently I use a bed sheet hung on an old swing set. It works fine but the disadvantage is you can't set a radar gun behind it.

I had the same issue, but not by using it as a practice net. I was on a course where one hole is played over a soccer field (when it isn't in use). There's a light pole for a mando that requires you to throw over the field. My disc made the mando but when it was fading back it went into and through the soccer net. I was concerned that my disc may have torn the net, but luckily it had just passed through an opening.

I wouldn't want to use a soccer net that wasn't mine though. If you did damage it, and were seen, you could end up having to buy a new one.

Thanks for the link I thought I remembered him mentioning he made a video about it

He does say that he wished he had gotten the 7x7 size. Big positive, was he really liked that the center, of the disc golf designed one, catches the disc and lets it slide to the ground....so you don't have to reach in like a bag to get your discs.

I had the same issue, but not by using it as a practice net.

I wouldn't want to use a soccer net that wasn't mine though. If you did damage it, and were seen, you could end up having to buy a new one.

I agree. I don't want to take any chance of getting disc golfers kicked off the field either. Also any time I'm there I pick up any trash I see.

I just made my comment because somebody might buy a soccer net thinking it would stop discs. It doesn't seem to. The holes are pretty big and stretchy and a disc does usually go through.

I got a baseball net off amazon.
That way its multi use if i want to use it for other sports... well, except ball golf.

Latest posts