• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Predictions for Worlds

I'm not sure Nikko has the mental game to win at this level. I like your other 4, though.

Wiggins in ams for sure. He has already won 3 pro events and he regularly cashes in pro, just declines the cash. He has basically been a pro for over a year now.

I would like to see him win pro worlds before he is 18.
I guess he will have 3 chances.

David wants to win Am worlds before he goes pro, so if he wins this year, which it sure looks like he will, then yeah, 3 chances. That would be awesome if that happened. He's obviously got the distance to do it.

1. Locastro
2. Jenkins
3. Doss
4. Feldberg
5. Leiviska

If Nikko won, i'm pretty sure that many new players would get pissed and start yelling after every putt they miss, because "that's what the best player in the world does."

Yeah, nikko does have to calm down some, but he is cool off the course and has the talent. If he can go this week with going insane his odds are looking really good.

how do you guys stay up on how people are playing during the season?

1. Avery Jenkins
2. Nate Doss
3. Ken Climo
4. Dave Feldberg
5. Nikko Locastro

Women - Val Jenkins
Masters - Hammock

Note: World's competition is now ongoing. Any picks past this point will not count.

I was supposed to close this two hours ago, but I'll count the above pick since no results have been posted yet. Now, I just gotta get a spreadsheet started.

My predictions are;
1. Feldberg
2. Lundmark
3. Ken Climo
4. Babbit
5. Kallstrom

Womens: Val
Masters: King
Am: Gallops

I know my picks will not count, but I didn't know they already started when I started guessing. Oh well, once again, just a bit late on my part

young gun from tulsa (or at least somewhere in OK), throws far, kicking everyone's butt now for 2 reasons- he's very good, only a few scores are in.

Being in Texas I'm familiar with Coda but dang his score still holding up with the big names finishing. Not to take away from his stellar round but with the rain they have had all day I'm thinking the early tee times were giving them a shot at the course before it got very sloppy.

Coda has a big okie hyzer, young guy at 22ish. (he took offence to me asking him if he was old enough to be in the bar at a players party this year) Lives somewhat close to Kansas so I'm sure he has played the course before this week. I'm sure he can play the wind with the best, being from Oklahoma. He is a solid player for sure, I can deffinatly support him and hope he keeps it up! Go Coda!

http://www.pdga.com/worlds2009 for results

Being in Texas I'm familiar with Coda but dang his score still holding up with the big names finishing. Not to take away from his stellar round but with the rain they have had all day I'm thinking the early tee times were giving them a shot at the course before it got very sloppy.
I was thinking that might be a factor too, but looking at the tee time list from yesterday compared to the result today, there seems to be a fairly even spread. In fact, I'd say people with later tee times may have done slightly better than those with early ones. Not sure when the rain began hitting up there.

Who knows anything about Coda Hatfield and why he is kicking everyones butt right now?

i know he came to lewisville, tx for the mothers day madness tourney and won...ive heard people say he's pretty good, i didnt know that he was this good....i would love to see him win though, he's only 22 i believe and it would be great to have another young 20-25 year old win it....id much rather want someone not as well known win it, although in the south he is pretty well known, rather than the same old same ole big name people

Funny story about Coda. A little over a year ago he played in a B-tier that I was in (not the same division). At the end of 72 holes he was tied with another player and I guess just assumed that there was going to be a playoff. One slight problem...he forgot to tally up his scorecard. Per PDGA rules, that is a two stroke penalty. This dropped him from being tied for 1st to 4th. Oooh, was he angry when he got word of this and stormed out of the awards ceremony.

Nonetheless, he exercised the demons of that day and came back to that same tournament this year, and won by seven strokes. He could have turned it in without being tallied again and it wouldn't have mattered.

so whats the deal with the scorecards???(i have yet to play a sanctioned tourney)

does everyone on your card carry the same 1 scorecard? or does each person take care of their own scorecard keeping everyones scores?

and then theres something about initialing or signing it? please explain