• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Preference for wind or calm conditions

What Conditions Do You Prefer When Playing?

• I prefer playing in a vacuum.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I play in a heavily wooded course, so I haven't learned to play the wind very well. I am not good at all in the wind.

A slight breeze is nice to help keep you cool, but I played my third full round yesterday in massive wind and did NOT do well. I'm still learning my discs and working on power and aim and the wind was not helping; I can't even begin to add up how much time I spent in the trees/brush looking for a disc that the wind caught. Guess I probably should get used to it since in live in Oklahoma! :rolleyes:

i played in weather like that once.... it was the most fun i have ever had playing. you never knew what your throw was going to do. we even had a disc hit the ground upside down and slide 50 ft to the basket.

I know what you mean. It adds a whole new variable to the game most people have no game plan for. Last time I was playing and it started to rain with wind pushing it sideways, everyone else was looking around like what do we do and I got amped up and let a thumber rip. Turned around and told them to step on up.:D

A slight breeze is nice to help keep you cool, but I played my third full round yesterday in massive wind and did NOT do well. I'm still learning my discs and working on power and aim and the wind was not helping; I can't even begin to add up how much time I spent in the trees/brush looking for a disc that the wind caught. Guess I probably should get used to it since in live in Oklahoma! :rolleyes:

Man, I like playing in a little bit of wind, but my trip through Kansas and Oklahoma was a totally different experience. 60 mph gusts were not good for any part of my game, but when you go for a 25 foot putt and it ends up 100' behind you, that's just demoralizing. :( Oh well, it was a fun experience anyway, and now those windy days don't seem quite so bad.