• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Premium plastic mid lineups

Ok it's officially looking like:

Tursas
Max weight Z Comet
Star Roc3 176g
Mortar

I would be happy throwing a beefy buzzz in place of the roc3, but then I wonder if maybe I would want a verdict on top of the Buzzz and alongside the mortar.

I am also thinking I could grab something like a moonshine emac truth and possibly get a little better distance than the roc3. Any comments on stability of roc 3s and beefy buzzes vs beefy emacs?

That is a lot of molds to learn. You could easily throw just comets and one stable/OS mid like a Roc3 or MD3.

Mortar is a speciality disc, I bag them for certain courses only.

You don't have to cycle just one disc in each category, but be careful throwing 5 different ones too. If you end up with a bag of 18 different molds you will never click with any one of them.

That is a lot of molds to learn. You could easily throw just comets and one stable/OS mid like a Roc3 or MD3.

Mortar is a speciality disc, I bag them for certain courses only.

You don't have to cycle just one disc in each category, but be careful throwing 5 different ones too. If you end up with a bag of 18 different molds you will never click with any one of them.

That is the point of contention here, isn't it. :|

No, it's subjectively wrong, since it's likely an opinion formed off of previous experience.

There's no way I'd build a bag with more than 3 mids, and I'd still likely only be comfortable throwing 2 of those molds for the vast majority of shots.

But you(and anyone else) could. You just throw the disc. It will fly and land.

But you(and anyone else) could. You just throw the disc. It will fly and land.

To each their own as it were. You can pull around a wagon of a hundred different discs if you want too. I can throw 5 molds or heck I can throw baseballs instead of discs.

When you ask for someone to provide a viewpoint based on their experience you cannot proclaim that your viewpoint is objectively better just because you believe it to be. That's how religions operate.

Both points are subjective. Neither is more valid than the other for the 3rd party until they come to their own conclusion and thus form their own subjective viewpoint. At that time they will either agree with one of us, disagree with both, or agree with parts of both viewpoints. More than likely no 2 peoples views will be identical.

The complexity of human thought is reflected in all aspects of life, including disc golf, and Internet forum posts.

Wrong. :thmbdown: :thmbdown: :thmbdown:

I'll play a round with 1 disc and you can have your entire bag and the extra space in my bag to carry discs.

That should net you at least 40 discs. We'll compare scores after 18 holes.

If you can't beat me by at least 9 strokes (1 stroke for every 2 holes) then I don't see how Keller or I could be wrong.

If you end up with a bag of 18 different molds you will never click with any one of them.

'Never' is perhaps too strong a word choice. I imagine the odds are stronger that he would click with at least one of them. :\