• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro worlds this week

It's not extremely fantastic but I posted the video I took from the first day. Pretty boring, but it is what it is. lol Will probably be there either tomorrow or Saturday again.

Just got back.

Freaking sweet time.

John Fowler and Nikko are like the opposite ends of the spectrum. Great fun to watch them play in the same group.

They got stuck on 14 waiting for a couple of groups to play out ahead of them and Locastro is needling John, "You got any putters that aren't 20 years old? I don't have a disc in my bag over 6 months old."

For those who haven't seen John play (I hadn't), his bag is well worn, his straps are barely hanging on by a thread, and Nikko is right, his discs all look 20 years old. He doesn't have a big run-up to tee off, he doesn't have a 10 minute putting routine, he doesn't look like he's going to be modeling for magazine ads, but man, he can freaking play! I hope to see him play a ton more in the future.

Anyone know if Juliana Korver retired? She was peddling around out there, sweet as can be, but didn't play. I would have liked to see her toss a couple of holes...

F'in Fowler is one of the biggest hustlers around because he looks like he can't even throw 300ft! Dude is an awesome putter, uses old JKs, and was actually the Southern Nationals POY beating out Matty-O a year ago. At Mashall Street a couple years ago he also finished like 5th.

He was originally from Virginia and played when he was like 14 before moving to Louisiana for school.

F'in Fowler is one of the biggest hustlers around because he looks like he can't even throw 300ft!
I actually missed some of the action Wednesday morning thinking exactly that.

I was expecting the staggered start like I saw on the 'net instead of the "shotgun" start and with no leader board in sight, I had no idea who I was watching (and I expected the leaders to show up later like they did today and Tuesday). His group tee'd off like the badass muthas they are (and I was impressed), but just looking at his unsponsored self, I began wandering off to see other groups not even thinking they were the lead group. If only Avery had the mad wild trademark 'do Nikko has, I would have instantly recognized and could have followed the leaders all morning...

Can someone explain this shotgun start business? I am looking to spectate tomorrow (Friday) but I have no idea when the pros will be starting. Also any information on what to look for/where to go to spectate from anyone who has been would be greatly helpful as this is something brand new to me. Thanks in advance.

Can someone explain this shotgun start business? I am looking to spectate tomorrow (Friday) but I have no idea when the pros will be starting. Also any information on what to look for/where to go to spectate from anyone who has been would be greatly helpful as this is something brand new to me. Thanks in advance.

I believe this is how it works, if someone knows differently please correct me.

They split the open division into 2 groups, A and B based on total scores so far. The A group with the leaders will tee off in a shotgun format at 8am on the red course, and then 1:30pm on the blue. Group B will be on the opposite course at those times. If you're unfamiliar with a shotgun start, each group goes to a different hole and they all start at the same time. So some players will, for instance, start their round on hole 7 and finish on hole 6. For this tournament, the top card will tee off on hole 1, second card on hole 2, etc... So if you want to see the leaders I believe you will want to be at the red course, hole #1, at 8am.

GO Sarah S! I had the chance to walk with her during my GF first tourny so I have to cheer for her. Thanks for that group Bill!

F'in Fowler is one of the biggest hustlers around because he looks like he can't even throw 300ft! Dude is an awesome putter, uses old JKs, and was actually the Southern Nationals POY beating out Matty-O a year ago. At Mashall Street a couple years ago he also finished like 5th.

He was originally from Virginia and played when he was like 14 before moving to Louisiana for school.

He is from Paw Paw WV. Don't put that on Va.

He's a good kid. He used to babysit us well when we played glow golf on alcohol and psychadelics.

On which course/holes are they doing the final nine? I'm planning on coming down tomorrow morning for the semis and finals...can't wait!

I'm really liking the 2010 Pro Worlds Daily Update videos the PDGA is doing and the announcer is fantastic.

Latest posts