• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy Color Change

ViolaBouquet

Eagle Member
I bought a Prodogy M3 a few days ago. It was sitting in the back seat of my car in a pile of other discs. When I picked it up at the end of the day the part that was not covered up by other discs, and exposed to the sunlight turned white! I live in Michigan, and the temperature was in the 60s, so it wasn't hot at all. I thought this might be some color change technology, but 24 hours later with the disc inside it is still like that. Has anyone else had this issue? What would cause this?

0FAF6625-9287-4F4D-8063-7145D2CE1F50-26328-00002BD1A85DF694_zps8bcb51e0.jpg

I used to work for a plastic molding company. Titanium alloy is a great UV stabilizer to prevent sun discoloration......PRODIGY!!! HIT ME UP!!!! HAHAHA

This has been discussed ad nauseum on here. There were some runs of pinks that didn't have the UV stabilizer in the plastic so they fade in the sun.

Throw your (now) white disc or dip it in dye.

Hey, at least Shawn has a life, with his music and all.

I don't blame him for not reading the ten billion Prodigy threads that are floating around here.

155788_384516611663250_425318567_n.jpg

Here is one that I dyed last month. The pink fade makes for a great canvas.... I would say that they will be worth something in a couple of years.

I don't either because they're full of crap.

Yeah. Prodigy had a batch of pink blend plastic that lacked the UV protection. M4s and M3s are the ones that had the problem. And this problem will not continue. People who make this issue into a big deal really grind my gears.

I bought a Prodogy M3 a few days ago. It was sitting in the back seat of my car in a pile of other discs. When I picked it up at the end of the day the part that was not covered up by other discs, and exposed to the sunlight turned white! I live in Michigan, and the temperature was in the 60s, so it wasn't hot at all. I thought this might be some color change technology, but 24 hours later with the disc inside it is still like that. Has anyone else had this issue? What would cause this?

0FAF6625-9287-4F4D-8063-7145D2CE1F50-26328-00002BD1A85DF694_zps8bcb51e0.jpg

Just throw it so it can finish changing, its not coming back. Mine was basically white after a few hours its inevitable and the only way to avoid it is to not throw it and keep it in a closet or something.

Even though it's already been talked about a lot, just throwing it out there, it was worth seeing that awesome disc :-D That blend of pink and white is very sweet.