• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy D1 and D4 Impressions

Bought a production run d1 today and its more OS than the star Xcal i use, and the xcal is major beefy, feels like a high speed XXX..... M1 is definitely awesome

As the flashing rubs down its turning into something right between the star destroyers and star xcal, starting to like this disc

I'm loving my first run D1 its really becoming my go to distance driver. It reminds me of my S-line PD2 but with more glide and a little more workability to it. The D4 I'm still confused by. I have a Proto that has a lot of HS turn to it, nice long annys, hyzer flips, and power rollers. But my red first run flys just like my Proto D1. Little bit of turn to it, some fade and really flying far. The wraith has been my distance driver for years and my first run flys like a wraith just further. Love that thing but wish I could find more or hopefully the D2 or D3 is supposed to fly like this thing!

D1 s can be wildly inconsistent. My 400g D1 with dome feels like 13 5 -1 2, my fiend has a 13 3 0 4 meathook (almost as OS as his Groove:D )

Local Prodigy fanboi checking in! ;)

D1 s can be wildly inconsistent. My 400g D1 with dome feels like 13 5 -1 2, my fiend has a 13 3 0 4 meathook (almost as OS as his Groove:D )

Yeah, the flat tops are wicked OS. However, if you find a pop-top or domey D1, they fly much more stable. (not overstable)

I typically stick to D2s, but just received a couple D1s from a friend last week and each disc is very different. The flat top feels like a super Nuke OS. About a 12/4/0/4. Even in strong headwinds yesterday with a good anhyzer release, it absolutely would not turn over! Good for windy days and utility, I guess, but I already have X1s for that and prefer the feel of the X1.

While throwing the domey D1 this weekend, I found it flies almost exactly like my D2s. Very good wind-fighter, good distance, solid glide, very mild turn, great distance. I'd put it at 13/4/-.5/2.5 I was able to put it just past a 400' basket with some "umph" behind it, but it's a little harder to put the speed behind than my D2s. I'm still a little weak from a back surgery earlier this year so I only really throw 5-6 max power distance throws a round and have been preferring my Gyrm, CD2s, and PDs for an easier distance shot. With power and the right D1, it can be a very useful driver (see all the Prodigy Pros throwing them) But I've found D2s to be more consistent and have the flight I'm looking for.

Latest posts