• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy D1 and D4 Impressions

That shock flies like my volt, nice and straight with late fade.

Thanks for the video

I still have a handful of D1's in 166g, 168, and 170
and D4's in 170g and 172

18.99 each plus shipping

I have been throwing a d1 and I throw 450 max d and it flys somewhere between a boss and a preavery destroyer. it flys great in a head wind which the bosses I have thrown were in consistent. I took many measurements of the d1 in comparison to a boss and they are almost exactly similar however the rim is shaped more like a destroyer. to me production runs of bosses and destroyers don't fly like this disc it is more like oop versions which makes me favor the d1.

the first time I threw the d4 I easily threw my longest drive ever and it was with a moderate to high tailwind. for this shot I usually throw lemon lake star katana and it flew very similar but went a lot further. throwing back into the headwind like I would throw my lemon lake katana it flipped pretty hard and flew into the ground where my katana would have held the line. so to me it is just a lil less stable than a lemon lake katana. the feel of the d4 is pretty great, grippy even when wet unlike the d1 driver. the d4 feels like early run CE and the d4 feels like late run CE/early champ. I only throw innova so I can't compare to anything else. I told myself I would not buy these discs and have them in my bag but when I went to The Nati pro shot and put them in my hands it was a no brainer. I look forward to seeing more of their discs in the near future. I hope they make some super flat disc bc I like using them into headwinds .

I went out and threw the D1 and D4, not a very good day to get an accurate impression. I will get better footage when the weather permits. Watch in HD or else you can't really see what's happening.

Here's the description:

I will do an actual review once there is a good day.

The first two throws were ESP Nukes to give myself and everyone viewing an idea how the wind situation with a disc they were familiar with.

Something to consider I was throwing into a corn field, Star and Champion discs usually scuff the prodigy did not. Whether or not this holds true IDK, but I'll get more throws in when the weather is better.

Conditions: 25ºF 65% humidity 10MPH head wind according to the local weather, seemed much faster. The two prodigy throws these were the second throws on each disc, the first was on snow covered grass and I did not exactly throw very well with a high I almost died factor.

On a normal summer day I average 450ft from where I was throwing with my longest throw from that point being 590' with a Star boss. The ESP Nukes I was throwing I typically throw 450-500' from that location. I use a roller to measure the distance so it's accurate. As you can see below today was not exactly a very good day to be throwing.

Throws:

1. ESP Nuke about 150ft out it cut rolled
2. ESP Nuke throw with hyzer cut rolled about 250 out
3. D4 pretty good throw but it then hit an updraft and went sailing. It did not cut roll instead it just stalled out. Landed 320'
4. D4 did not seem to be affected by the wind, definitely stable with a strong headwind. Landed 380'

Again when there's a good day I will get a real test done. At least this gets some normal throws up on YouTube.

Last edited:
All 4 of the disc's are speed 13 correct?

All of the Prodigy D line are supposed to be 2.3 rims which is consistent with "speed 12" discs like the force and xcal. However, the destroyer is supposed to be 2.2 according to the pdga and when I carefully measured some specimens of all three of these molds with calipers they all had an almost identical width. This inaccuracy turned out to be true of many popular molds on the document so until someone measures some Ds with calipers we can't know for sure.

I got to handle the D1 and the D4 today. I dont know why, but I felt the plastic looked and felt super cheap. I really didn't like the feel a whole lot either. Anyone else have similar impressions?

I threw a D4 and a Trespass today. Probably around 5 throws each. Both 172g and had similar flight patterns. The D4 had a smidge less hss than the Trespass but both would fight out of the turn unless there was a decent headwind. I was getting around 360-370 feet on a good rip.

Plastic wise the Trespass wins out. Just another Lat64 quality product unmatched by any other disc manufacturer save maybe Legacy and MVP.

I'm bagging both for now but will continue to test them against one another until one reigns supreme. I will say however that they've already beat out my Destroyer for the max distance slot in my bag. Both are easier to hold and throw for my arm or lack there of.

I got to throw my D1s today finally. Threw them after an ice bowl event so my body was pretty cold with little feeling left in my fingers. Probably not the most accurate read. I was arming them pretty good. I'll have to throw them again when it's warmer out to get a better opinion.

With the arming/slight torquing they did turn. The one thing that I didn't like was that one of them was pretty stable - just flipped up to flat, hyzered. The other two turned then checked up towards the end. Already seeing inconsistency issues with stability. I threw them enough to confirm that one was more stable than the other two.

I liked the carry these things got, though. They always got out farther than I thought they would. Again, will have to try them when it's warmer out and my body/fingers are not stiff.

D1 and D4 disc comparison

Hey I can't wait to try these 2 new discs. I love my destroyers and wraiths. Is the D1 comparable to the destroyer? If not what would you say its like? And is the D4 like a faster wraith? If not what disc is it like? Thanks a lot for any info

Hey I can't wait to try these 2 new discs. I love my destroyers and wraiths. Is the D1 comparable to the destroyer? If not what would you say its like? And is the D4 like a faster wraith? If not what disc is it like? Thanks a lot for any info

the D1 is more stable than the vast majority of destroyers. A new D4 turns more than a new wraith. If you're looking for a replacement for the wraith you probably aren't going to find one in the D series because yes they're faster and aren't likely going to have the same flight. If you're looking for a replacement for a destroyer I would wait for the D2 and D3 to come out first to see which one of the series suits you best. They're the next to be released so it won't be long.

I bought a D1 and D4 proto disc for $50. If overweight I will trade for the same in legal weight to throw. Any collectors out there?

What speed are the D1, 2, 3, and 4??

I doubt you're going to get a better answer than you already got less than ten posts back.
All 4 of the disc's are speed 13 correct?
Mine feel like speed 12 but I haven't measured.
All of the Prodigy D line are supposed to be 2.3 rims which is consistent with "speed 12" discs like the force and xcal. However, the destroyer is supposed to be 2.2 according to the pdga and when I carefully measured some specimens of all three of these molds with calipers they all had an almost identical width. This inaccuracy turned out to be true of many popular molds on the document so until someone measures some Ds with calipers we can't know for sure.

They seem like 12 speed discs to me. speed 13's like a boss's rim width feels slightly bigger then the D1 and more uncomfortable. At the same time the destroyer feels perfect in my hand. The D1 feels like it is in between them and a lot more comfortable in the hand then a boss or ape.

Got to throw my new D4 around for a bit today. Unfortunately it is almost 4 grams overweight (178.1) :thmbdown: I'm not sure if its the heavy weight or just my ability to only throw about 375-400 (350 golf lines), but this D4 didn't have nearly as much turn as I expected. I would rate it about 12/6/-1/2. Great glide, GREAT feeling plastic, just not what I was expecting. I've contacted the website I ordered it from (Infinitediscs.com) about getting a legal weight replacement.

Hopefully a lighter weight around 170 would have the turn I'm looking for out of a D4.

Latest posts