• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy D1 and D4 Impressions

has this happened?

"A first offense requires that the manufacturer submit an explanation to the Technical Standards Committee as to how and why this violation occurred and how it will be rectified in the future. Depending on the nature of the violation, the out-of-compliance product may be suspended from approval for PDGA play."

Yes (not with Prodigy)

If I don't weigh mine, they are legal to be thrown correct?

Ignorance isn't an exemption. And that's not using the phrase "ignorance" as an insult. Basically, if the disc is overweight, it's illegal. Whether you know it is or not. For example, if you don't open your bills that doesn't mean they don't have to be paid.

If you wzant to unload the heavy Protos just head over to the market place. Took me only a few days to sell all four. Got my $$ back w/o Prodigys help or the PIAS 35min away. MARKETPLACE

You probably could've waited five years or so and sold them for double what you paid. That's the lunacy of the collector and rare disc market. They'll get the kinks worked out eventually and the PR stink they have now will wear off if their dream team starts winning majors and championships. When that happens everyone who wants a piece of "prodigy history" will fork over forty bucks for one of a limited few hundred overweight protos.

I finally got to throw a D1 and D4 last night - glowie, with led/battery taped underneath so I wasn't really putting to much stock in flight yet (although the D4 was impressive). Two things jumped out at me right away:

1. super clean release; playing in -10C weather normally makes your fingertips burn and hurt when you throw, but I didn't experience that at all with the Prodigy discs. The one drive I threw last night with a Z-Pred hurt my fingertips.

2. they seem to come out of the hand wicked fast; faster than anything I've ever thrown. maybe that has something to with the clean release, but it was very noticeable to me.

Picked up a D4 at Cloud 9 Disc Golf in Nashville. Definitely fast. My friends and I took turns throwing it and were all very, very impressed. They just feel great, the plastic is amazing! Very fast discs, I can see the distance potential. Where other discs stall out my D4 seems to have a little bit more flight.

I throw a little over 300' BH; If I release the D4 with a slight Hyzer it stays pretty straight. It'll be interesting to see how the stability and grip change as it beats in. Right now though I'd say the D4 is a fit for all different types of arms.

Just got my D4. Marked 174 scales at 178g but I bought it knowing that. Just want to throw it around and judge the hype for myself. Feels ok in the hand but I was expecting more from the plastic. It's not much different than Opto line just a little softer in the flight plate. Gonna have to weigh in after I toss it a while.

Ignorance isn't an exemption. And that's not using the phrase "ignorance" as an insult. Basically, if the disc is overweight, it's illegal. Whether you know it is or not. For example, if you don't open your bills that doesn't mean they don't have to be paid.

Well, I don't have a scale and don't expect anyone to be a dick about it.

Got to feel the plastic today - very grippy; I was impressed.

Threw my D4 for the first time yesterday. I really don't know what to think. I was expecting a roller out of the box for big arms and a hyzer flip distance driver for lesser arms like myself. What I got was a fast stable driver that is ridiculously hard for me to keep nose down. I throw a lot of Lat and I consider some of those to be nose angle sensitive to the max but this disc was downright befuddling to me. I'm keeping it in the bag for a while to work out those issues I hope but if I can't become consistent with it I'll be listing it in the MP. I really don't have a spot for it I removed the Bolt thinking it would be almost as flippy and this is as stable as my TP Sword. I must not be using the "easy release technology" properly either. It doesn't rub on my fingers like promised but I can't get a decent release out of it yet either. Wasn't expecting some magic disc like no other but I did think I'd get better results.

Glad I wasn't the only one having nose angle issues. I got a couple good bombs out of the D4, not in the right direction :\, I explored areas I'd never been before when that thing flipped up and carried about 100' farther right than I ever imagined it would go. Definitely some potential there. The D1 I struggled with nose angle (poor footing wasn't helping), but when I did get a good rip it flipped up nicely, great glide and strong fade that as long as I kept the nose down, went exactly where I wanted.

I was in my mud shoes and not the merrells so I know my footing wasn't the best. I never give up on new discs after only a few rounds but this one just has me wondering. I used to think the Nuke line and a lot of the Swedish discs were picky about nose angle but this d4 makes me look like a chump. I had two or three I sprayed way right on a giant spike hyzer line.

Anyone think the rim is shaped weird? It's like they are rounded and blunt not sharp. No complaints here I love the Cannon from Legacy but can't throw it because it's so sharp of a rim. This D4 seems to have been purposely designed to not be sharp. Just curious about that. It packs mud in the crease of the rim I had to wipe it off several times.

I saw a picture of Prodigy's midrange or one of them. Maybe the first that will be released. It looked like a Lat64 Pain. Like very very close and the description of the plastic was "gummy....really (expletive removed) I like the Pain though I hope it is like that.

Just threw my new D4-172 this morning for 5 drives, just to see. I did have trouble keeping the nose down a little on the first couple throws. After I made a couple adjustments, it seems to fly ok. It did fly farther than the other disc I took out, star destroyer AJ 170. It's packed for tomorrows trip, we will see after a few dozens drives how it starts to work in. The plastic felt great this morning it was like 25 degrees, and it felt very nice, better than star when it was cold and wet. It is very domey and funky looking. I don't care how it looks though, as long as it flies.

Latest posts