• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy PA4

I completely agree. The 750 was more understable, and it just felt a little too stiff for my liking.

So the 750 is a more stiff plastic than the 400?

I prefer more stiff over more soft, and particularly in putters, so if this is true I should go for the 750?

So the 750 is a more stiff plastic than the 400?

I prefer more stiff over more soft, and particularly in putters, so if this is true I should go for the 750?

I don't own any 750 but I've felt it up in stores a few times. It felt more stiff and less gummy than 400. 400 and 400g don't generally feel like they lack stiffness to me, so the most noticeable difference was the lack of gumminess.

WOO HOO!!!

I'd ordered an X-out Prodigy PA4 in 400s plastic, to save a few green dollar bills. It arrived today. The X-Out appears to be a double stamp.

But the good news is that one of those stamps says "Prodigy PROTO"... so it's a Proto!!!

I'm looking hugely to trying this baby out when the rains go away. :)

Update: man oh man.... The PA-4 (proto) in 400s is far and away the straightest flying putter for 40 ft and in. I had 4 birdies and two *doinks* off the top rim (that would've been birdies) from over 25 feet out.

Further out, on throws in the 100-120 ft range, the PA-4 was a bit understable, as it would drift right (RHBH) while the Lucid Judge fades left just a bit.

I'm getting really curious to see if the (beaded) PA-3 wold be as straight flying as the PA-4.....

Just started using a fan grip with my PA4's and have gotten much more accurate. I've been putting with a modified power grip for many years. It's much more easy to putt with my finger pads instead of my wrist. It seems to make the PA4 a little more stable because I'm not putting as much power and spin behind it. It's nice to just 'lob' at the basket.

I've been working on finding a putter that feels comfortable for forehand approaches (finding a lot of lies in the woods where I don't have good space or footing for backhand) and I've found the PA4 is IT! I use a modified forehand fan grip on putters and beaded putters just feel awkward, as well as deep putters. While the PA4 isn't the most shallow putter, it's rim configuration and depth feel much more comfortable than a Wizard, Warlock, Scale, Serpent, Judge, or Ion. Plus, the PA4s I have are all dead flat to puddle top, which makes them all the more comfortable with that grip style.

I switched to almost entirely using Reptilian putters and occasionally carry a Glow PA3 for a straight driving/approach putter with more glide, but the PA4 looks like it might make it back into the bag. Still love my Prodigy! :thmbup:

I had a chance to throw a 400G PA4 around a few times last week and really liked the level of controllability it had to offer on approach shots. Out of the box it was pretty similar to my most seasoned, as well as most treasured, Wizard. I decided to order one based on how much I've throughly enjoyed the M4 in 400G plastic. Hopefully, it will be a nice little disc for the short technical courses in my area.

Bump

Anyone putting with PA4'S right now? My putt is all over the place & thinking about dusting off my 350g's & seeing if they click.

Bump

Anyone putting with PA4'S right now? My putt is all over the place & thinking about dusting off my 350g's & seeing if they click.

I've converted to the Pa3, my 2d favorite putter after the Marshal, but the 350g plastic is really good. So dust 'em off and give 'em another shot. :thmbup:

I've converted to the Pa3, my 2d favorite putter after the Marshal, but the 350g plastic is really good. So dust 'em off and give 'em another shot. :thmbup:

I think it was a good idea. I was putting lights out today with my PA4's. Glad I held on to them. They were even holding stable into some mild headwind. Keeping it on a hyzer with spin, they held it straight to the chains. Tree Fitty G is such good plastic.

Found a PA4 in 750 plastic in a used bin for $5 so I grabbed it. Been searching for a nice beadless turnover putter in premium plastic and the Proxy and Atom are just too stable in premium.

Only thrown it a few times but it seems to glide well and wants to turn thrown flat. I will say the 750 plastic looks pretty indestructible. This disc has seen considerable use and there is hardly a nick on it. Plenty of scrapes that you can barely feel and the stamp is almost worn off but almost perfect otherwise.

Found a PA4 in 750 plastic in a used bin for $5 so I grabbed it. Been searching for a nice beadless turnover putter in premium plastic and the Proxy and Atom are just too stable in premium.

Only thrown it a few times but it seems to glide well and wants to turn thrown flat. I will say the 750 plastic looks pretty indestructible. This disc has seen considerable use and there is hardly a nick on it. Plenty of scrapes that you can barely feel and the stamp is almost worn off but almost perfect otherwise.

yeah I had a 750 Pa4 and it was sweet - like a Cueball - indestructible - I actually dropped it for a Plasma Proxy or worn Electron Atom - funny

But Pa4's are sweet and definitely turnover as opposed to the Proxy/Atom which require a lil worn use or a hard shot to turn

yeah I had a 750 Pa4 and it was sweet - like a Cueball - indestructible - I actually dropped it for a Plasma Proxy or worn Electron Atom - funny

But Pa4's are sweet and definitely turnover as opposed to the Proxy/Atom which require a lil worn use or a hard shot to turn
The used plasma Proxy I tried recently just has a little stubborn fade. I have plenty of worn E Atoms since I putt with them and they fill that slot nicely but they get beat up so darn easy. Only disc I ever warped is a firm E Atom that smacked a tree. If I don't like the PA4 I can stick with the Atom but I couldn't pass it up for $5.

The used plasma Proxy I tried recently just has a little stubborn fade. I have plenty of worn E Atoms since I putt with them and they fill that slot nicely but they get beat up so darn easy. Only disc I ever warped is a firm E Atom that smacked a tree. If I don't like the PA4 I can stick with the Atom but I couldn't pass it up for $5.

No problem in having them all - I mix up my bag almost weekly haha by a few discs depending on the course - I toss a Pa4 or Pa1 occasionally just depends - 300 Pa4 are nice once they wear in they turn and hold forever

So I have 2 400, 1 400G, and 1 300 PA4. The 300 one is my main approach disc and has started to get flippy to where I will now use it for hyzerflip putter shots off the tee as well. The other 3 fly almost exactly the same, which is to say absolutely dead straight when thrown clean, or will fight out of an anny when thrown a little softer.

I was wondering how 350G and 750 flies in comparison? I would like a slightly more HSS option for days when I had my Quaker OATs for breakfast.

So I have 2 400, 1 400G, and 1 300 PA4. The 300 one is my main approach disc and has started to get flippy to where I will now use it for hyzerflip putter shots off the tee as well. The other 3 fly almost exactly the same, which is to say absolutely dead straight when thrown clean, or will fight out of an anny when thrown a little softer.

I was wondering how 350G and 750 flies in comparison? I would like a slightly more HSS option for days when I had my Quaker OATs for breakfast.

350G (my go to approach disc) is going to be more similar to the 300 than the 400 or 400G in flight. I have a 750 that I have thrown maybe 5 times but that was enough to tell it was closer to the 400 than the 350G.

350G (my go to approach disc) is going to be more similar to the 300 than the 400 or 400G in flight. I have a 750 that I have thrown maybe 5 times but that was enough to tell it was closer to the 400 than the 350G.

Just nabbed a x out 750 from Marshall St so we'll see how it flies next week. Also picked up one of those amazing Seppo PA1s

750 PA4 is definitely more stable than any of my other ones, but still glides well, just have to account for the tiny bit of extra fade.
I'm bagging the 750 for most duties now as well as a beat in 450G for laser straight shots.
Found a 200? plastic Par 2 PA4 used and nabbed that as a backup as my 300 gets super beat. Both will flip and drift to the right on a drive.