• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

Can't wait to get my big bird, I'm getting a max weight orange with a stamp that the guy at pia said "it changes color in the light"so I'm not really sure which one that is but prb just a rainbow stamp he also had a flag stamp but I said na.

It is probably just a holo stamp if it "changed color in the light" lol. I would have snagged that Flag Stamp all day. Looks like those are HOT right now...

Well I wanted two the orange to throw and the flag to put away for a trade down the road but with the one per person thing it didn't work out.

I've got 2 coming that shipped this AM. Both 1st run stamps, not Big bird. And, nothing sexy w/r/t the stamps or disc colors, but I'm not sure since I had to give 1st picks and backups, based on single photos, so I'm not entirely sure what's coming...lol, makes me feel like I need to leave a plate of cookies out on the hearth!

I got one for a gift for a buddy, and I was planning on trying the other as a thrower. My question is, am I a moron if I throw one of these, and allow it to hit the ground?

I'm not much of a collector in general, of anything, so I'm hoping some of you disc archivists can give me some insight on this, what you think about them.

It seems clear that the big birds are in a different category, but what about the 1st runs?

I love the fact that DGC hasn't sold jack for Big Birds. They just lowered the price to $40. Screw them for starting them at $50

I am starting to wonder if rc stood for roc-cobra.
These things look like deep dish versions of the old school champ cobra.

I know there were tons of similarities/shared parts all along between the two...and that rc may just be an abbrevited version of roc, but these are really similar.

does anyone know what the stamp on the production stamp rocs is going to be? Is it going to be a McBeth stamp or something else

I talked to a guy from Innova and he said that the details hadn't been decided yet, but the stamp was likely to be a normal Champion stamp.
The decision on exactly what would be on the stamp hadn't been settled yet, according to him.

I just picked up two Big Birds last night...man these things feel amazing. I'm not sure if I want to take the JO Roc I just put in the bag out and put in the BB Roc3 in it's place. Anyone throw these suckers yet? How do they fly compared to the JO Champ Rocs?

It is probably just a holo stamp if it "changed color in the light" lol. I would have snagged that Flag Stamp all day. Looks like those are HOT right now...

4880E96F-C44F-4B1B-975E-0E73CCCB0C6F-8595-00000D402CBA4ECC.jpg

I am starting to wonder if rc stood for roc-cobra.
These things look like deep dish versions of the old school champ cobra.

I know there were tons of similarities/shared parts all along between the two...and that rc may just be an abbrevited version of roc, but these are really similar.

Rancho Cucamonga

Charlie just called me from gggt and said I could have a big bird insted of one of my proto stars if I wanted so I a red proto star n an orange big bird coming monday or wednesday plus a couple other discs

I've got 2 coming that shipped this AM. Both 1st run stamps, not Big bird. And, nothing sexy w/r/t the stamps or disc colors, but I'm not sure since I had to give 1st picks and backups, based on single photos, so I'm not entirely sure what's coming...lol, makes me feel like I need to leave a plate of cookies out on the hearth!

I got one for a gift for a buddy, and I was planning on trying the other as a thrower. My question is, am I a moron if I throw one of these, and allow it to hit the ground?

I'm not much of a collector in general, of anything, so I'm hoping some of you disc archivists can give me some insight on this, what you think about them.

It seems clear that the big birds are in a different category, but what about the 1st runs?

Throw if you like it. If u hold onto it forever the most your gonna make is like 20-30 bucks not a big deal in my eyes.

Throw if you like it. If u hold onto it forever the most your gonna make is like 20-30 bucks not a big deal in my eyes.

Heard. I'm hoping it'll help fill a void. It may wind up being a holder/man cave decorator, since most rocs for me are "amelia earharts:" Looks good on takeoff, but then just disappears.

Thanks.

Charlie just called me from gggt and said I could have a big bird insted of one of my proto stars if I wanted so I a red proto star n an orange big bird coming monday or wednesday plus a couple other discs

Nice. Still waiting to hear back from him.

Heard. I'm hoping it'll help fill a void. It may wind up being a holder/man cave decorator, since most rocs for me are "amelia earharts:" Looks good on takeoff, but then just disappears.

Thanks.

LOL. I would say hold onto it and wait to throw the new rocs in Feb when they release regular run. If it were summer time and you had to wait 2 months for the release I would most likely say throw it but since its winter then just hold on.

Someone posted a number last night for a dealer in Madison WI that had some BBs left. When I called he quickly explained I was #12 on the list for 7 Rocs but the last person he called back turned down the light weight. He promised he would call everyone back no matter what.

After 2 hours I figured he wouldn't call me back since he had nothing to sell me, I was in Ohio and it wouldn't matter. But he did call back just to let me know he had none left and to wish me a Merry Christmas. I thought that was cool.

So a shout out to Mike at GLIDE DISC GOLF in Madison, Wisconsin. :clap: :thmbup:

Someone posted a number last night for a dealer in Madison WI that had some BBs left. When I called he quickly explained I was #12 on the list for 7 Rocs but the last person he called back turned down the light weight. He promised he would call everyone back no matter what.

After 2 hours I figured he wouldn't call me back since he had nothing to sell me, I was in Ohio and it wouldn't matter. But he did call back just to let me know he had none left and to wish me a Merry Christmas. I thought that was cool.

So a shout out to Mike at GLIDE DISC GOLF in Madison, Wisconsin. :clap: :thmbup:

Mike is the MAN! And the Glide Disc Golf store is altogether great! He went into work at the store all day yesterday during the blizzard in Madison.

I called in when the Protos came last week, and of the 50 he got, there was 1 left! He shipped it to me and it ended up being a max weight lemon/lime with oil slick stamp. Its the exact one I would have picked out to be my thrower! I called again yesterday for a big bird and was 4th on the list. He walked me through all the disc colors, and weights he had over the phone, and I ended up going with the one he recommended. I didn't mind lighter weights with these, and have a light blue with a solid white stamp big bird coming!

That's pretty nice. I missed out on that one (even so, thanks moose-mdg for posting the #).

Any other leads out there for a places selling a heavier big bird for ~$30-and-under? I only have a few hours before I'm on the road and I'm still looking!

I got a call too, got a 174g proto star and a 180g bb. I was under the impression that since I waited so long id get to pick any 2 discs I wanted which would have been 2 big birds. Then I was told only one bb per customer. Bummer.

i was like #4 on the list...my CC is maxed out from christmas presents for the kids...so i was one of the people that fell through ....Mike was a very nice guy about it and said if i can find a way with another CC he would still have one for me

Latest posts