• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Proper etiquette for lost discs

I'd stick it somewhere between burning tires and burning hair.

Perhaps. Don't some of you guys melt your discs to fix them if they're gashed? Maybe you heated one too much. What does it smell like?

smh.gif

^^ :D

The thread was doomed anyway. May as well ask a question I'm curious about.

Along the same line, I wonder what it smells like inside of a disc factory. Those things must stink pretty bad when they're still hot. Even when you buy them from the stores, they have a certain smell. Although discs also absorb odors wonderfully, so maybe it's more the shop you're smelling, not so much the plastic.

Last edited:

Along the same line, I wonder what it smells like inside of a disc factory. Those things must stink pretty bad when they're still hot. Even when you buy them from the stores, they have a certain smell. Although discs also absorb odors wonderfully, so maybe it's more the shop you're smelling, not so much the plastic.

I've worked in a couple places that had injection-molding machines, though neither manufactured discs. Burnt plastic is not a pleasant smell at all. If the odor was strong (like you didn't have to be right next to the point of injection to smell it), it was always a sign of something not being right with one of the machines.

Oddly enough, now that I work in a disc golf shop, the only time I have ever smelled that burnt plastic smell related to discs was when I opened a shipment from Vibram. Odd, of course, because nothing in the box was made of plastic.

Cut them in half, grab some gorilla glue, and play Dr. Frankenstein. Just think you could have a Stilledator, Trestroyer, Wizaviar, Teedent, Valkatchet, Verdrone.... Hehe. That was fun!!

At first glance I thought that Aim For The Chains's avatar was some dude humping the ground. Now I'm kind of wishing that it was...

my buddy works in a plastics factory 50+ hours per week... he says two things:

"it toxic in there man"

and

"I'm looking for another job"

any factory is bad but plastics is just nasty toxic

Finders keepers!!!!! I know as disc poor as I am no name and number equals MINE. Or just blow some up, it is fireworks time after all. Tape a good one on, light it, let it fly and watch it go up in smoke.

Oddly enough, now that I work in a disc golf shop, the only time I have ever smelled that burnt plastic smell related to discs was when I opened a shipment from Vibram. Odd, of course, because nothing in the box was made of plastic.

I've been in the local shop after they restocked the Vibram section and it smells like a shoe store. No joke. All that rubber smells like a bunch of new shoes.

So lately I've found quite a few discs. Anytime they have a name and number I call them back immediately. I'd like the same done for me. For discs without any ink what is courteous? I feel that I should hold a disc for at least a month without throwing or giving to a financially strapped friend. What are your opinions?

If you can't reach the person who owns the disc for over a month I would support giving it to someone that can't afford to purchase their own or keeping it yourself.

post on your local craigslist/facebook "i found a red valk with no name" see how many people try to claim it.
if ppl don't put their name on it, it usually means it's not that important to them.

Latest posts