• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Prophecy Midrange

Sydex

Eagle Member
Looks like it's the one offered in the Black Friday mystery box. Anybody able to post a review of them?

Gateway mids are pretty long but probably a 5. The disc looks like a Karma top with a new wing. The Karma is solid stable midrange so the Prophecy should be nice.

Wizard having a glide of 10? Im lolzin pretty hard at that. Its a brick compared to an ion or aviar.

Gateway probably has the best set of low-key awesome mids. Element is just awesome and the Warrior and Scout are solid as well, especially since they come in Gateways baseline.

The newer Evo Mystics are nice too, the older ones with the HPP stamp tended to have an awkward dome, the Platinums have a low even dome, feel good in the hand, and is right up there with the Meteor as a solid understable mid.

I threw one in base plastic last fall. It's a very straight flier with a mellow fade. Similar to a DX Roc. I hear the premium plastic versions are more overstable at low speed, so probably between a Karma and a Warrior in stability.

I threw one in base plastic last fall. It's a very straight flier with a mellow fade. Similar to a DX Roc. I hear the premium plastic versions are more overstable at low speed, so probably between a Karma and a Warrior in stability.

I find this very intriguing. Might have to pick up a few to try out. I'm running low on R-pro rocs and these just might fit the bill.

Is this what the "Proto Mid" they had at the Fall Harvest is? I have one but have not thrown it; I got it in yet another "Dude wanted a disc I had but had nothing I wanted so I just took something to make it all end" trades. To be honest I haven't even really looked at it.

Yeah the prophecy is the Gila but uses the Karma top instead of the Warrior.

Probably going to be straighter out of the box and will season to straight a little faster.
That's a Warrior top on the Gila? What do you do, mold them and then take them out in the parking lot and run over them with a truck? :p

Is this what the "Proto Mid" they had at the Fall Harvest is? I have one but have not thrown it; I got it in yet another "Dude wanted a disc I had but had nothing I wanted so I just took something to make it all end" trades. To be honest I haven't even really looked at it.

Yep, that was it.

Whaaatt? Wizards are super glidey in my experience. Maybe not glide 10, though. Gateways numbers are kinda odd

They definitely are odd. I bag an element, which flies like a comet and definitely has a mid range rim, and the numbers stamped on it are 7, 9, -2, 1. Their turn and fade ratings are pretty accurate, but their speed and glide ratings are quite a bit different from other manufacturers.