• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Prophecy Midrange

Nope...switched back to throwing my diamond elements instead of trying to beat in a baseline.

My diamond prophecies have taken a beating and are still consistent slightly overstable to moderately overstable flyers. The FR Glow's are where it's at though. Man they are a versatile disc in my arsenal.

I have a DR Diamond Super glow in the bag. I like it a lot.

I am waiting for the Gateway "I Worship Satan" disc to come out.

Ummmm, that would be super cool, because Satan is super cool and disc golf is the dopest! Sooo.... Maybe it already came out they have the Demon and it has a devil's face on it, the Speed demon, Warlock and Wizard are sort of other worldly not sure about devilish the Slayer also hmmm.

Finally picked up a Prophecy

Roughly two weeks ago I ordered a Prophecy off of Infinite in Evolution Diamond. Which, hands down my new favorite plastic in terms of feel. It has that slick yet tactile feel found in baseline plastics.

As for the disc, the first thing that comes to mind is the amount of glide it has. Next, a nice little fade that is short and quick. It really flew like a stable Comet with fade. I imagine I'll use this as an off the tee tweener when a putter is too short for me but a Teebird/Eagle will be too long. Something in the 320' range. Gonna be a fun few rounds to see how this disc will fit around my Rocs.

Haven't tossed it any any wind yet, so I can't say how it will handle that.

Strange....thats when I use my midrange too!

I should clarify, I'll toss my Rocs/Pains for something around 350 depending on the hole. The Prophecy is very much that "midrange driver" disc so I'm hoping to toss it for all air shots around 320'.

Prophecy have taken over my mid range slots. A sure-grip that's beat in enough to fly like a M4/ maybe even fuse with more fade, a fresh sureglow that has the tiniest bit of turn full powered, and a hyper diamond for the slightly more OS shots with no turn. The hyper diamond is board flat and has slightly less glide than the other blends, flies like a longer non baseline envy; the flat top makes it very comfortable to forehand. First disc I really liked enough to cycle, the sure grip don't take too long to beat in either; going to have to swap my by stable proph for a diamond once I have enough US backups.

Bump...

I have a several Premium Gilas by RDG and Premium Prophecies by Gateway...

all unstamped,

Is there an easy way to tell them apart?

At a quick glance I don't see a difference...

What am I missing?

Thread bump for a truly underrated mold.

I have been shredding my mid range lines lately with a Amber Gila & Diamond Prophecy.

Gila for straight to fade and windy shots
Proph for straight to forced annys

Both discs share the same bottom and core & feel indistinguishable in the hand. But the flight is different enough to really cover the majority of flights I require in a mid range arsenal.

Check it out if you are looking for an easy to rip, workhorse mid.

Bump...

I have a several Premium Gilas by RDG and Premium Prophecies by Gateway...

all unstamped,

Is there an easy way to tell them apart?

At a quick glance I don't see a difference...

What am I missing?
I know this is old, but isn't the Glia a Prophecy that looks like it got run over by a road paver?

Thread bump for a truly underrated mold.

I have been shredding my mid range lines lately with a Amber Gila & Diamond Prophecy.

Gila for straight to fade and windy shots
Proph for straight to forced annys

Both discs share the same bottom and core & feel indistinguishable in the hand. But the flight is different enough to really cover the majority of flights I require in a mid range arsenal.

Check it out if you are looking for an easy to rip, workhorse mid.
I have too many years of obsession with other midranges to do this, but if I was new an Element/Prophecy/Gila setup would take care of me. I don't think yanking over a Prophecy would work for my weenie arm so I'd need to add something there.

I have too many years of obsession with other midranges to do this, but if I was new an Element/Prophecy/Gila setup would take care of me. I don't think yanking over a Prophecy would work for my weenie arm so I'd need to add something there.

Yeah the Element is incredible IF it isn't relied on as a workhorse mid IMO

I've bagged it before as my straight mid and have been burned by its ridiculous glide & flaky HSS.

But as a speciality hyzer flip to dead straight mid that is also capable of absolutely CRUSHING... The Element is amazing.

I love the Black Zombie Crossbow but don't have space to bag it. That's the Mystic top on the Gila bottom. So big beaded mid that flies with a really gentle stability.

I know this is old, but isn't the Glia a Prophecy that looks like it got run over by a road paver?

Actually, they are both flat to me...

I still can't tell the difference...

JCass, a little help please.

Is there an easy way to tell the difference between the Gila and Prophecy?

If I didn't have so much time and inventory of Rocs, I could totally see a Fossil Gila/Baseline Prophecy/Diamond Element midrange setup...

Yeah the Element is incredible IF it isn't relied on as a workhorse mid IMO

I've bagged it before as my straight mid and have been burned by its ridiculous glide & flaky HSS.

But as a speciality hyzer flip to dead straight mid that is also capable of absolutely CRUSHING... The Element is amazing.

I love the Black Zombie Crossbow but don't have space to bag it. That's the Mystic top on the Gila bottom. So big beaded mid that flies with a really gentle stability.

Might have to check-out the Crossbow...

Like I don't have enough midranges already...

:confused:

Those are molded by Gateway, right...?

Are they available at the Gateway warehouse?

might be planning a trip to St Louis...

Last edited:
Actually, they are both flat to me...

I still can't tell the difference...

JCass, a little help please.

Is there an easy way to tell the difference between the Gila and Prophecy?

If I didn't have so much time and inventory of Rocs, I could totally see a Fossil Gila/Baseline Prophecy/Diamond Element midrange setup...

Might have to check-out the Crossbow...

Like I don't have enough midranges already...

:confused:

Those are molded by Gateway, right...?

Are they available at the Gateway warehouse?

might be planning a trip to St Louis...

Post a Pic and I'll know. The Proph has a more square, blunt nose. Gila is more driver like for lack of a better word.

Crossbow is made by Gateway, yep! Not certain if they're available at the shop... I need to head up there.

Post a Pic and I'll know. The Proph has a more square, blunt nose. Gila is more driver like for lack of a better word.

Crossbow is made by Gateway, yep! Not certain if they're available at the shop... I need to head up there.

Actually, I think I may have figured the difference out...

Looked at the Premium Prophecies I have, and they are actually stamped...

DUH! :wall:

The Premium Gilas I have, do not have stamps...

double DUH! :wall: :wall:

Sometimes,

I just don't get myself....

Actually, I think I may have figured the difference out...

Looked at the Premium Prophecies I have, and they are actually stamped...

DUH! :wall:

The Premium Gilas I have, do not have stamps...

double DUH! :wall: :wall:

Sometimes,

I just don't get myself....

I've done worse...

Now slap them in your mid slot and go carve up a course with that duo.

I have been using the Diamond Super Glow Prophecy as my main midrange for a few months now. It has changed my midrange game. They are super flat, which I love, and they have a dependable OS fade. I love throwing flex shots in the woods with these discs. Slight anny and you get very good distance with them. Great for forehand as well. Give them a try!

I have been using the Diamond Super Glow Prophecy as my main midrange for a few months now. It has changed my midrange game. They are super flat, which I love, and they have a dependable OS fade. I love throwing flex shots in the woods with these discs. Slight anny and you get very good distance with them. Great for forehand as well. Give them a try!
Awesome to see the Proph finding its way into another bag, they are great. If I could only carry one midrange and it had to be fresh I would rock a Prophecy for sure. Amazing do it all workhorse.
But since I can carry as few or many as I want I generally am throwing its more OS and US siblings the Gila and Iguana either in a pair or with a beat in gila between em.