• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Prophecy Midrange

I bag a diamond demon and use it quite a bit since it's common to have 15+ mph winds. I see the prohpecy taking some shots away from the demon, but still plan to start off the season bagging both.

Those don't flip on you?
These are the least stable in this plastic in my experience.
Thy all come out domey.
Mine are all hyzer flippers with turn.

Soft is dang OS off the shelf, they beat into nice long straight flyers with a hook at the end.

Those don't flip on you?
These are the least stable in this plastic in my experience.
Thy all come out domey.
Mine are all hyzer flippers with turn.

Soft is dang OS off the shelf, they beat into nice long straight flyers with a hook at the end.

The diamond demons wouldn't flip on me, but strong winds would straighten it out nicely for me, with reliable fade. I do agree that it was domier and less stable than the soft/suregrip version, which I thought was interesting. The diamond prophecy has been taking more shots from the demon than I expected, so I sold off my diamond demon and will throw the suregrip demon in the bag only if it is super windy.

I really liked my diamond prophecy when I first got it.
Laser straight/ hold anney lines well. Very predictable.
I was throwing it during winter a lot.
I might throw it back in the bag again for the rest of summer.

The diamond demons wouldn't flip on me, but strong winds would straighten it out nicely for me, with reliable fade. I do agree that it was domier and less stable than the soft/suregrip version, which I thought was interesting. The diamond prophecy has been taking more shots from the demon than I expected, so I sold off my diamond demon and will throw the suregrip demon in the bag only if it is super windy.

I like to throw max effort and disc down.
I drive off the tee with them so I put a fair amount of torque on them.
The soft can handle it, the diamond not so much...

The proph is a nice mid though.
Nice and straight, handles the torque very well.
It holds the lines I put them on.

I bag a warrior as my long overstable mid right now.
The new diamond runs are money.

I was curious about the new diamond warriors, but saw in their thread people were seeing turn out of them, which I would not want for that slot. But I've been having good results flicking my prophecy, so I don't think I'd really have a need for the warrior.

I was curious about the new diamond warriors, but saw in their thread people were seeing turn out of them, which I would not want for that slot. But I've been having good results flicking my prophecy, so I don't think I'd really have a need for the warrior.

That warrior thread was started in 2010.
There are three posts about the new diamond run, including mine.
I have not seen any turn out of mine.
I throw them about 350'
They go laser straight about 335' and then cut hard like a gator when they slow down.

Mine doesn't show any turn into a headwind, I just don't throw it into a head wind because it may glide past my target.
That's when I'll pull the gator out so it sits and sticks.

Mine is literally like a longer/glidier gator.

Also to my experience the pink ones have more flex. Anyone found a pink one with the same stiffness and hand feel as the white protos? I have minty green and yellow protos also and they All feel the same the pink ones more flex.

Seriously?!, am I literally the only guy throwing this piece?? Damn man! This disc is great. I really wish it got more love or at least had a small following.

Seriously?!, am I literally the only guy throwing this piece?? Damn man! This disc is great. I really wish it got more love or at least had a small following.

Maybe the only guy on DGCR who's throwing them, yeah. Give it time man, it's a new disc and people will catch on. Gotta realize the market is flooded with Roc-esque mids already. Gateway doesn't have a huge following as it, which is a shame. They have so many good frisbees. I mean, the Wizard? Maybe best disc I've ever thrown.

The Prophecy is a solid disc, though. I picked one up and liked it a lot, Gateway's best mid probably. But decided to stick with my KC Rocs.

Yea, the Prophecy is coming out of my bag, I just like the roc more.. too bad I have 4 prophecy now..

Not the only one bud. I carry one FR Glow Diamond and two Glow Sure Grips. The Sure Grips beat in to a crazy straight disc. I'm hoping to get one of the sure grips worn into understable.

The sure grips remind me of the old flat top ching roc's or a flat top sentinel.

Not the only one bud. I carry one FR Glow Diamond and two Glow Sure Grips. The Sure Grips beat in to a crazy straight disc. I'm hoping to get one of the sure grips worn into understable.

The sure grips remind me of the old flat top ching roc's or a flat top sentinel.

My Sure Grip is beating in very nicely, and is becoming a very reliable disc in my bag. It pairs really well with my Nikko stamped diamond.

How does your diamond differ from your more OS suregrip? I'm about to put another one in the bag, and was wondering if I'll find a use for both, or drop the diamond and just cycle suregrips.

My Sure Grip is beating in very nicely, and is becoming a very reliable disc in my bag. It pairs really well with my Nikko stamped diamond.

How does your diamond differ from your more OS suregrip? I'm about to put another one in the bag, and was wondering if I'll find a use for both, or drop the diamond and just cycle suregrips.

I dropped the Diamond altogether. 4 sure grips is what I have from fresh to flippy. They are something magical once you get one US.

The FR Diamond Glow is extremely flat compared to some of the other variants of the Prophecy. It also has a very hefty fade on it as well when compared to any other versions I've thrown. It's taken a beating this season and is still holding strong for the overstable mid slot. The sure grips don't even compare stability-wise to the DGlow in my bag.

When I get a Sure Grip beat in enough to be a trusty turnover mid, I could easily run three Prophecies to cover all my mid shots.

The FR Diamond Glow is extremely flat compared to some of the other variants of the Prophecy. It also has a very hefty fade on it as well when compared to any other versions I've thrown. It's taken a beating this season and is still holding strong for the overstable mid slot. The sure grips don't even compare stability-wise to the DGlow in my bag.

When I get a Sure Grip beat in enough to be a trusty turnover mid, I could easily run three Prophecies to cover all my mid shots.

So, did you ever get that suregrip prophecy beat into a turnover slot?......

So, did you ever get that suregrip prophecy beat into a turnover slot?......

Nope...switched back to throwing my diamond elements instead of trying to beat in a baseline.

My diamond prophecies have taken a beating and are still consistent slightly overstable to moderately overstable flyers. The FR Glow's are where it's at though. Man they are a versatile disc in my arsenal.