• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Prophecy Midrange

So how do you feel about this mold? I just got one beat to flippy, one replacement for that one so I'm taking one out, putting a freshy in. Not enough to people talking about this disc.

You beat one to flippy in less than 2 weeks? Good thing you bought 20 of them.

So how do you feel about this mold? I just got one beat to flippy, one replacement for that one so I'm taking one out, putting a freshy in. Not enough to people talking about this disc.

Yeah...I got mine last week but didn't spend too much time with it. Looking to get some throws in over the next day or so. But I do like the flight from my first few throws

Bump, how are these flying for peeps? Going to really take mine out and test it this weekend.

Well you know how i feel. LOL. One is seasoning nicely and flips/turns well nothing like anout two weeks of throwing into a backstop of a "wall of trees" to help there. The freshy is super straight with a mild,predictable fade. Good in moderate headwind fine in tail wind and okay in crosswinds. Ive got nothing but good things to say about this disc. Its the wasp/roc slot disc i always wanted. I think the proto plastic is awesome also itll be interesting to see what they make the first run like. Id like to hear someone elses assessment though. Im oretty much an unofficial Gateway hypeman at this point.

I ordered a white sure grip Prophecy. Expecting it to be very stiff but this one is on the softer side. Still feels great but I wonder if it holds up just as well as my board stiff and chalky Warriors I used to throw. They were almost indestructible and the flught changed very little in that plastic. Best baseline plastic I have tried by far.
From what I understand, the whole current (prototype?) sure grip run is soft and the sure grip glow is a lot more stiff. Is it tacky/chalky or slick?

I have a prototype pink and it has some flex (very little) and lots of grip. then I have a lime green sure grip and it is super stiff and slick

Im getting pretty confused about the Sure Grip Prophecy...
Some are stiff and tacky, some are stiff but slick and the n theres the soft ones.
Some have the Triangle eye with the wings stamp, are these stiff & Tacky?
Then I see some on infinity's site that have a small oval circle with the gateway logo inside, are these the protos?
I just want some of the stiff and tacky sure grip ones, not those slick or soft ones.
Anyone know how those look and what stamp they have?

Order from their online site and tell them what you're looking for or call. Thats what i dkd. I bought three initially. One oink:it was softer/more flex. One white: stiff as it could be/little flex. And a premium which feels like star. I liked the stiff one so I called them Dom hooked it up with selecting discs that felt like exactly what I wanted. I don't think the production runs will be as stiff as the protos. Anyway i now have mint green a yellow and white that all have that stiff/slick/tacky feel. The pink one also has a tick less stability Idk if it's related to the color but every single disc I have thats pink is softer than that same disc in any other color. My sure grips have the flying pyramid eye stamp (super stiff and grippy)

Last edited:
I let my noob friend use mine for a round to break it in for me, and now it is a great hyzerflip straight disc. I imagine it will be turning over really well soon. Currently it hyzerflips and slightly turns over at 375. This disc is really nice. I am interested to hear how the Evos are flying

Last edited:
I have one in Diamond plastic, have not thrown the platinum yet and mainly only throw my S line protos. I had one that turned and set it back to replace the one I carry now should I ever lose it. The one I am working on now isn't breaking in quite as fast but it will work over and hyzerflip but always hooks up hard (for a prophecy) still. Until it hits that US sweet spot I have it complimented with a comet. 99% of midrange shots and tee shots on techy wooded holes (350' and shorter) I go to this disc. Back to the point. The Diamond feels a bit more HSS and holds it. Same gentle forward fade and great glidey flight you'd expect. I'd say my S line protos have more glide though. Still a great disc.

Diamond Prophecy molded up flat and has great HSS and a pretty healthy fade. I wouldn't say it's overstable, but it has lots of stability with a strong finish. I picked up a couple platinum Prophecies that feel a bit gummy and molded up with some dome. These fly GREAT for my liking. The HSS is similar but the fade kicks in much later. Closest thing I can relate it to would be a Z Wasp that has a very late fade. I may pick up more.

I threw my new glow soft one. This may be the best plastic I have seen of these. It was super straight new. At a 322 ft hole I got a straight flight with maybe 5 feet of fade, and finished pin high. The glows may be my favorite. I am curious about the Evo ones now.

I have a first run glow. A bit soft for my liking but flies amazing. I assume the Evo Platinum is vert similar. I still like the proto plastic over all. I have a couple that flip a few nice and dead straight and a few beefy and I have backups for a loooong time to come. Im not sure if you have a glow baseline or diamond but I wanna try the glow baseline and an Evo Platinum

how are the premium ones flying? anyone know?

how are the premium ones flying? anyone know?

See what I wrote three posts up from yours, #74.

Your best bet is to try to find a domey platinum or diamond with some of that opaque material blended in (those came out domey too). They will be more stable than the glow you have, but still workable. You'll need to throw them flat to get a straight flight.

Last edited:
Got a sure grip all worn in how I wanted and promptly lost it. Time to break in another 1..

I couldn't imagone losing my worn in prophecy. A comet is a great addition to and/or substitute for a US prophecy.