• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Putting with lat64 pure?

shep proudfoot

Bogey Member
Hi, so I've been putting with a westside swan 2 and not getting any consistency. Not the discs fault I know... Anyways I have a 174 opto pure that I have come to throw on just about every hole for approach shots and really like it. I don't like approaching with the swan because the plastic gets beat so quick. I was wondering if anyone putts with the pure and not just drives with it and can recommend a plastic for it. I don't like anything very floppy. Was thinking I could drop the swans and use the pure as my main putter and neutral approach disc and in the process limit my putter molds. Then maybe pair it with an overstable putter. Any thoughts/ recommendations would be appreciated.

I use an Opto and Zero Hard Pure for drive and approach in my primary bag.

When I use a trilogy only lineup, I putt with Pures as well. I really like the OOP TM2 ones for putting. It sounds like your best production option would be Zero Medium or even Zero Hard if you like them really firm.

Zero Hard Pure all day long. I carry one Opto Pure, but rarely use is just because I love the ZH so much. I would recommend putting with the ZH as opposed to the Opto as well. Buy yourself a stack of ZH Pures and don't look back! Your welcome! :hfive:

I putt with Zero Soft putters. I carry a Medium and Opto for approached (Opto for driving as well).

These are the best putters I've found, period. I do carry a Sinus for short over-stable work, but otherwise, it's Pure all day long!

Zero hard for the win when it comes to putting. They are becoming an obsession for me. Anytime I go anywhere that has pures I have to buy them. I also upshot with opto pures and have gl pure.

I've been using the Zero Soft for quite a bit and really like it. I have a ZH that's like a board and another in a slightly chalkier plastic that I use in the wind. Stick with 'em man they are great putters! I've yet to play with the Z Medium but have heard good things.

Sweet, sounds like there's much love for the pure. Looks like I'll have to see if my local shop has any I can get my paws on to try out. Is there any need to pair it with an overstable putter? I do have an flx drone that I like quite a bit and bag, so it might be a tad overkill. Thanks for the help all!!!

Sweet, sounds like there's much love for the pure. Looks like I'll have to see if my local shop has any I can get my paws on to try out. Is there any need to pair it with an overstable putter? I do have an flx drone that I like quite a bit and bag, so it might be a tad overkill. Thanks for the help all!!!

I would normally say, "when in doubt, add a Zone." But since you already have a Drone bagged, you're probably all set.

i had an all-pure setup for quite some time. zero for short drives and putts, left, right, straight. zero soft for approach duties, hyzerflip machine. opto for driving off the tee. i will say i had my approach game on lockdown during that time, working toward that same level of consistency now with my wizards.

with a drone, that's all you need, though you might find the opto pure not to handle wind as well as say, a wizard.

I've been putting with Pures for over a couple years. I hate ZH so I use older TM2 and EZE runs. Classic Blend is sexual so I'm assuming I'd love the new Zero Medium. It's all about personal preference in the end.

I putt with a Pure. I'm terrible at putting, but I am the least terrible I have ever been since I switched to the Pure. I like the Zero hard, but like xjohncandyx said, the mediums feel so good you'll have dirty thoughts. I may end up switching to medium when my zero hard gets thrashed.

i had an all-pure setup for quite some time. zero for short drives and putts, left, right, straight. zero soft for approach duties, hyzerflip machine. opto for driving off the tee. i will say i had my approach game on lockdown during that time, working toward that same level of consistency now with my wizards.

with a drone, that's all you need, though you might find the opto pure not to handle wind as well as say, a wizard.

I've gone the other way. I still putt with a grippy sss, but have zero hard, soft, and opto pure in the bag.

I was using Opto Pures for my approaches and putts for months before I discovered the Judge. I still keep my pair of Pures for flippy shots and approaches. Great disc!

Finally tried mediums and I like them better than hard. Hards get beat up so quick. Softs seem to last forever. Medium reminds me of old recycled wizard plastic.

Well I ordered a pair of zero hard and zero medium pures to try out. Seems like I can't go wrong with either. I love my opto...

Well I ordered a pair of zero hard and zero medium pures to try out. Seems like I can't go wrong with either. I love my opto...

i'd agree. versatile across molds. i liked the "touch" that the zero soft's plastic gave me on the approach, haven't tried zero medium. i liked the zero hard for putting since i love harder putters and it could turn out of the box while also being fairly neutral. the opto was just a beast for driving.

i think you'll find yourself happy with them.

I started putting with Zero Soft last year and fell in love with it. When it got really hot out (90 degrees plus) I would switch to an SSS Magic.
Just ordered a Zero Medium from Community Discs, and it's exactly what my Magic should be. Same stiffness in the flight plate, better grip. I walk around the house fondling it and whispering to it and leering at my fiancee.

I have used an Opto for approaches for a long time. Never really putted much with it. I wanted t carry a smaller bag, and one way to reduce discs was to use a Pure for approaches and putting. Picked up a Zero hard and medium. I've played about 3/4 rounds now with just that medium Pure as my only putter. Gotta say-I don't miss my Warden or Judge, APX or Magnet(last three putting putters). I kinda miss the Opto Pure, but the Zero is not that different, and I do not drive with putters.