• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Putting with other disc?

One reason some people do not use drivers or control drivers to putt is because the chains themselves will beat up discs and they don't want their drivers being beat up by putting with them.

A driver that is expected to survive repeatedly being blasted into trees is going to get too beat up by being lightly tossed into a basket? In what universe does that make sense?

That's bizzarre even by your standards. I only point this out because you've said it multiple times without anyone calling you out for nonsense.

A driver that is expected to survive repeatedly being blasted into trees is going to get too beat up by being lightly tossed into a basket? In what universe does that make sense?

That's bizzarre even by your standards. I only point this out because you've said it multiple times without anyone calling you out for nonsense.

If it is a baseline plastic disc, he is not wrong. Baskets dominate baseline plastic discs with thin rims. Especially the metal blade sign of doom that sits perched on top of some baskets, waiting to punish your disc should you happen to aim too high. Other than that, though...

The disc is not a putter and you want to putt with it?

WY3lX.gif

Last edited:
I did a couple night rounds with just a XXX with an LED on it. Putted surprisingly well with it.

When it's crazy windy (which happens a lot in the plains), I'll putt with an Opto Pain.

Drop ins or 10ft gimme putts I'll usually just use a mid if that's what I got there with, Glow Mako or Roc/Gator. Never any of my drivers though, even though it likely won't effect it from 10ft or closer, I'm just careful with it, don't wanna take the chance.

When it's crazy windy (which happens a lot in the plains), I'll putt with an Opto Pain.

Similar story here: in high winds, or even intermittent and unpredictable gusts, I'll putt with my Star Gator. In fact, that is one reason I made the Gator part of my core bag...

Latest posts