• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting your bag in the washing machine?

I've put a UPD Focus and a Innova Starter Bag in the wash on several occasions.
Front loader, put spray n wash on the stains, toss in with jeans and other colored clothes, cold water, regular liquid detergent and hang dry when I'm done. I've washed other non DG bags the same way too (DaKine, Northface, Camelbac).

Thank you. I'll look into it.

Good luck.
Fwiw, it's never discolored any carpet or furniture I've used it on dealing with cat urine, vomit, or feces.
(Why do I have pets again?)
I've never tried it on leather, so I can't comment on effectiveness or possible staining.

We have used it in the laundry and carpet cleaning machine also.

I wash mine in the shower. I have a hand-held sprayer head on the shower, which makes these sorts of chores simple. I thoroughly wet the bag, then wet a handheld bristle brush. Then I put just a dab of laundry detergent on the bristle brush. I scrub the bag thoroughly, then rinse it off with the sprayer. I dry it out in the sunshine on a breezy day.

Good luck.
Fwiw, it's never discolored any carpet or furniture I've used it on dealing with cat urine, vomit, or feces.
(Why do I have pets again?)
I've never tried it on leather, so I can't comment on effectiveness or possible staining.

We have used it in the laundry and carpet cleaning machine also.

I have a product called D-stroy that I've used for years. It's worked well on carpet, sub floor and plastic. (The cat got the cabin air intake on my wife's car.)

If I can get this leather thing figured out I'll also treat my work boots. On a sweaty day they're pretty ripe too.

Oh and pets are well worth the trouble. We have a 6lb 2yo dog that's just an endless source of amusement.

Oh, I agree on pets being worth the trouble. Fact is, I like most animals more than I like most people. :)

I'm not sure the Anti icky Poo would work on shoe funk. It's an active enzyme or bacteria or something that attacks the animal biologicals. But maybe it would, I dunno.

Hope you find something that works anyway, whatever it is. I'd be curious on the solution if you find one.

What I've done is to put the bag in a 5 gallon bucket with dish soap. (Usually Dawn) Let it soak a while and agitate it periodically throughout the soaking. After a while of soaking I'll take a scrub brush to the really dirty parts. Then rinse it the same way and hang dry. (Usually 2-3 rinses.) Yeah this may take all day but I usually do it while I'm puttering around the house. This is the same method I use for nylon tool bags and wrench rolls. (I'll use goop hand cleaner if they're greasy.)

Now if someone could tell me how to get the cat (dog, racoon maybe) piss smell out of my leather tool pouch I'd appreciate it. I've even used embalming fluid and I still smell it.
This actually sounds like a better idea than the shower because I realized that there was grass and stuff going down my drain when I probably should have cleaned it off outside. It still worked but it was kind of gross.

Where on earth did you get embalming fluid from? :confused:

I am super tired but I read the thread title "putting" as in I was practice putting not putting something somewhere. Before I figured it out I was like "huh? Just when you think you've heard it all..."

Anyway confusion aside I'm an avid hiker and I always clean my backpack this way:

Shake it out first then
Bathtub; luke warm water
Detergent
Hand cloth for gentle scrubbing
Hang until dry

I am super tired but I read the thread title "putting" as in I was practice putting not putting something somewhere. Before I figured it out I was like "huh? Just when you think you've heard it all..."

Anyway confusion aside I'm an avid hiker and I always clean my backpack this way:

Shake it out first then
Bathtub; luke warm water
Detergent
Hand cloth for gentle scrubbing
Hang until dry
I was practicing putting my bag into the washing machine :D Makes those rainy days a bit more bearable.

Always follow proper procedure when cleaning your sack.
:thmbup: Be gentle when handling your sack.

Latest posts