• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] QOLF v. Viking

ODRB

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Anyone actually thrown both of these often-overlooked discs?
Care to shed some light?

^ Should have? Or has? Have you thrown both?
From what I can piece together from folks who really throw one or the other, the QOLF has a later, harder, hookup.

I own both the Viking & the OLF; they are very similar, both a little straighter out with faster fade than my Beasts. They are fine discs, nothing super spectacular but both alright. My Viking is a Dx, so I like the Sirius OLF better. I let my buddy borrow the Vike recently and haven't gotten it back; I think he likes it a lot!��

I had a champ viking in the bag for over a year & now carry a SOLF & QOLS, tossing in a QOLF here & there.

Overall, I'd compare the viking more to the QOLS than QOLF - the QOLF is noticeably more stable, especially since some QOLFs can be beef, and does better in the wind. The Viking also flew similar to X Avengers. If I had to choose between them, I'd go OLS/OLF combo - the QOLS run is very consistent and still easy to come by, noting the naming/run issues with PFN champ Vikings (Valk viking mixups)

Last edited:
I have owned or own both currently the QOLF holds a straight line with a solid fade at the end of its flight. The Viking has a little turn and has a more forward penetrating fade at least this is how they fly for me. IMO the SOLF and the Champ Viking fly very similar once broke in a little.

You aren't missing anything. You can cover what the Viking would do with a new OLS or a worn OLF or Pd.

You aren't missing anything. You can cover what the Viking would do with a new OLS or a worn OLF or Pd.

I get what your saying, but don't totally understand this. Orions and PDs do different things. Sure, they're similar speed and distance, and OLFs and PDs are both OS and play similar roles for some folks. . But otherwise pretty different.

Last edited:
If you already have an OLS then you aren't going to be getting anything from a Viking unless it just clicks with you for whatever reason. Viking is very similar to that disc while the OLF has considerably more hss with a healthy fade. It'll take a real power throw or some big wind to make the OLF turn. I think the Viking is a very underrated disc...nice lines and handles wind reasonably well, but it's not a wind fighter by any means. It has a funky wing but you won't notice that when throwing. As for OLFs, I settled on the star instead of champ. Different discs, but both are great choices.

^ditto that. Vikings are just nice, straight throwers, like Valks that don't break in nearly as much. Solid but not spectacular disc, supposedly one of Dave D's faves.

I get what your saying, but don't totally understand this. Orions and PDs do different things. Sure, they're similar speed and distance, and OLFs and PDs are both OS and play similar roles for some folks. . But otherwise pretty different.

I switch between SOLFs and SPDs. They are pretty similar in my book, while I'd say CPDs are considerably more OS than either.

i have always liked the OLF more than the PD but the PD was just better for a more minimalist bag.

never thrown a viking myself, but i've seen some thrown and they seem to have more turn than either.

Latest posts