• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quad City Trip

Adamodisco

I'm coming out to the Quad Cities (Davenport) May 1st for a couple of days with one of my homeboys. Which courses are the best near there? What else must be done when visiting the area? We'll be camping out near Wildcat but may need to ride into town to get silly one time. What is memorable?

Don't have any words of wisdom WRT the courses there since I left way before I started playing, but the QC is a great place to be. My youngest was born in Davenport in 2002 when I was stationed on the Rock Island Arsenal for four years. Love that spot. Have fun, brother!

They just had an A tier tournament there in the Quad Cities this weekend so hopefully Camden II will still be in the long position. I would also throw Middle in there.

If you're looking for a shorter but still fun and challenging course to fill a little time at the end of the day, Devil's Glen is only 12 holes but if they're in the longer positions they're long tough holes, just less of them.

Camden 2 and Westlake or middle would be the first 3 in the area. Check out the maps and see which match your skill level and tolerance for pain.

C2, Westlake, Middle, C1, Devils Glen, Prospect...all fun in their own way, if you go to Camden Park you can play both and C2 is one of the best courses in the state, shoot me a message if you go there, I live a mile away

How was your trip Ltocadisco, what courses did you hit, and what did you think of them?

It amazes me that with how many great courses we have in the area, and how popular DG is in the QC, there is little to no online presence other than Iron Lion's FB page (that I've been able to find, anyway).

I'd love to get more involved in QC disc golf, but sadly, the only interaction I've had with any QC dgers was here on DGCR, and let's just say it was less than appealing.

Well looks like I missed this message. So Seven years later... The trip was a blast and one of the best ever. Camden II remains one of the best courses I've ever played. I love a good ravine and I need to get back soon. West Lake Park was amazing, but quite a bit beyond my skill level and way beyond my tolerance for throwing discs in a lake. It is worth the visit just to see what a top level challenging course can be. Middle Park in Bettendorf was another fine place to toss a disc. Prospect Park was pretty good too, but crowded on a weekend so the round was compromised. We stayed and hiked in Wildcat Den SP which was quite beautiful. Remember kids - leave the whiskey at home.