• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quad straps

well, Im not real sure which one to choose, There are some pretty good arguments for phenix, but then again those phenix straps sound pretty good. And of course we can never count out the phenix straps that everyone is raving about. Lmao. I wish everything was this easy. Buying a set today. Thank you

quads dude, they are boss, has anyone else felt your quads actually breath in the heat,like i have bought a few pairs of shoes, and clothing before and they were like they breath and blahblahblah BS, but quads really do its crazzzy

Nice. I have Phenix Quad Shocks somewhere in transit. If I hadn't gotten a deal with a bag, I would have been looking at the physical flight straps. Only $28 shipped and they look solid.

I'm getting the Voodoo Straps to match my Karma in a couple weeks for my bday from the GF. Super stoked and hope that they last as long as the Quads. I most surely would have bought the Quads if Voodoo didn't come out with their own straps as I like things to match. :)

Does anyone know the warranty on the Voodoo straps and how it compares to Phenix's?

Yup, Quads. I've had mine for almost 10 years now. The only problem I had was with the little carabiners they came with to attach to your bag. I don't know what they come with now, but back then those things were flimsy POS that broke during their first round of use. I replaced them with burlier clips and haven't had a problem since.

I have phenix quads

I have not tried other straps but the stitching on mine was pretty poor. The stitch in only one side of the elastic band between the loop and rest of the strap was only half stitched and ripped apart after only having them a month. I put a small cabiner on it and it is dandy. I won't be buying any Phenix gear again.

Besides that voodoo straps and physical flight straps look pretty solid.

Same elastic prob with mine same solution after about 4 months of use then used them for like 2 1/2 years and the shoulder stiching started to separate because I sling it over 1 arm only for the shorter walks. I havre dga gel straps now and like the chest strap quads don't have them. DGA are 9 months old no problems.

Same elastic prob with mine same solution after about 4 months of use then used them for like 2 1/2 years and the shoulder stiching started to separate because I sling it over 1 arm only for the shorter walks. I havre dga gel straps now and like the chest strap quads don't have them. DGA are 9 months old no problems.

my quads have the chest strap

I've had Innova, Phenix, and DGA Gel Straps and the DGA straps are hands down the best and most comfortable strap on the market.

Going on the Brown Bag Co. straps, they actually have 2 different models. A standard model and a "shocks" model that is the equivalent of the DGA straps. When people talk about their BB straps breaking or wearing, it's because they got the premium model with shocks. Oddly enough, they will wear out faster than the cheaper style. Brown Bag straps are built for tool belts. They can handle the weight, no problem. But their shocks are not built for miles and miles of walking.

Here is the Toolrider GS model, which I recommend: http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/1833-belts-suspenders/18365.html

And the Toolrider GSX model, which have the shocks that can wear out or blow out: http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/1833-belts-suspenders/13106.html

Hope that helps anyone who may be looking into these. In this instance, anyways, the cheaper model is better for what we need.

I've had Innova, Phenix, and DGA Gel Straps and the DGA straps are hands down the best and most comfortable strap on the market.

Of those three, I've seen dga owners complain about the straps falling apart way more than either of the other two.

I had Innova and DGA straps. Innova broke on my 5th round. Fixed them but hten the stitching started coming out after less than 6 mos. Bought DGA straps; about 4 months later stitching started coming out . Called them and they said it was a known issue with the first ones and they send me (2nd day mail) a set of new ones. All I had to do was send them a picture of the rip. I got to keep the old pair (to Frankenstein parts if necessary) and have not had a problem with the new pair. I've had the new ones about a year and half I think... They still work, but I too am in the market for another pair of straps (2 bags). Not sure if I want Pheniz, Voodoo or DGAs again. Voodoo bag is top notch, but I feel like I'm missing out having not tried Phenix straps.

The wonderful thing about phenix is their lastimer technology. they are the elastic bungee like material that are connected to the strap part of the backpack straps. And when weight is put on them, all that weight that would usually be on your back, is now on those lastimers. so now even the bulkiest bags feel light on your back, even with people who have back problems

The wonderful thing about phenix is their lastimer technology. they are the elastic bungee like material that are connected to the strap part of the backpack straps. And when weight is put on them, all that weight that would usually be on your back, is now on those lastimers. so now even the bulkiest bags feel light on your back, even with people who have back problems

There are some physics problems in your post. I agree that the shocks make the bag easier to carry, but all the weight is still on your back.

my last two pairs have had the lastimers break on me so that "technology" could use some work.imo that is

Latest posts