• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Question about the Judge

TN Teebird

Par Member
Sorry to post this again if this has been asked before.

I've been using the Soft Judge for Upshots and Drives and the Classic Blend as my Main Putters.I have never used the Classic before.

My question is how much different does the classic feel in your hands over the classic blend?Is it still pretty tacky or is it slick like a KC Pro Aviar?

I threw mainly Classic Judges for a while before switching to the Blends and I think it just depends on what you get. I've found that the lighter (baby) blue, white, and grey swirl Classics tend to feel a little more tacky and velvety, similar to the Blends, but YMMV. I did find that after a while I would have to wash all of my Classics due to them becoming more slick over time (for whatever weird reason). :confused::confused:

I wonder what the orange ones would feel like? I prefer using orange. I'm bout half blind so thats my color lol

No orange Judges, but I do have an orange Classic Truth that is about as slick as they come. Probably just need to go feel some up in your local store if possible.

No orange Judges, but I do have an orange Classic Truth that is about as slick as they come. Probably just need to go feel some up in your local store if possible.

Thats the bad thing. None of the stores around here has any. It's either Prodigy,Latitude 64,Westside or Innova. I might see some discraft everynow and again.

I've got a used classic judge sitting in a box at the house. Honestly don't really remember what it feels like but I'll check it for ya when I get home. I'll even sell it to you if its what your looking for.

I've got a used classic judge sitting in a box at the house. Honestly don't really remember what it feels like but I'll check it for ya when I get home. I'll even sell it to you if its what your looking for.

Is it orange and a 175?

In general I've found the (hard) Classic to be slicker than the Blend. I love the feel of the Blend - it's what I putt with - and all the Classics I've felt have seemed like a step down in terms of grip and tackiness.

They are slick like KC pro or else all of the ones I've felt were. I never liked them as much as I do the blend or even the soft. Blend is money so I don't think you're missing out on anything.

I recently ordered a prime Judge, which they say is right inbetween blend and classic, so maybe that could be something worth checking out. I'm interested to see what it feels like once it arrives.

I went through a lot of black (putting) and white (throwing) classic judges. Both colors were pretty slick at first, but they wear in and get a little more grip over time. I didn't notice much difference in feel between the colors.

Definitely slicker than the blends I've felt.

My first run Classic (yellow) developed a nice tacky feel with a little bit of use. It's not quite as velvety as my blends but it's in the same ballpark. I purchased another Classic recently (red) and it is closer to KC Pro but not nearly as slick.

I went through a lot of black (putting) and white (throwing) classic judges. Both colors were pretty slick at first, but they wear in and get a little more grip over time. I didn't notice much difference in feel between the colors.

Definitely slicker than the blends I've felt.

I'll second this. They're slick out of the box but some time in the yard and on the course changes that. Yellow and light blue seem to have to most grip, while royal and black are a little more slick. Swirly black ones tend to have more grip than the solid black ones in my experience.

I have around 15 classic hard judges...some are tackier than others...some are slightly "slick" new but once you throw them around they get more grippy in my experience. To me, they are not the same kind of slick as the KC aviars...I can't stand that plastic.

I throw mostly whites...I have 1 orange swirl that felt about the same and I have 2 huklab stamped teal ones that are the most tacky out of the bunch I would say.

Last edited:
I have around 15 classic hard judges...some are tackier than others...some are slightly "slick" new but once you throw them around they get more grippy in my experience. To me, they are not the same kind of slick as the KC aviars...I can't stand that plastic.

I throw mostly whites...I have 1 orange swirl that felt about the same and I have 2 huklab stamped teal ones that are the most tacky out of the bunch I would say.

Ok good. I was worried they would feel like the KC Pro Aviars. I didn't like those either. Way too slick for me.

You know after reading all the posts I may just purchase 1 and see if I like it.I mean if I don't like it as a Putter I will for sure use it as a Driver. I love Driving with my Judges.So It would be a Win either way. :hfive:

Thanks guys

Latest posts