• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quick trip...anyplace to play?? Kansas...

waynewf

Double Eagle Member
Hey everyone,

I'm in Denver and I've got to take a quick trip down to Liberal, Kansas this weekend to help my dad out with a few things. I was wondering if there were any Kansians here who might be able to recommend a course along my way somewhere or who might even like to grab a round?? I'll basically be taking I-70 east to US 83 south...it seems like aside from a course in Garden city, that's a pretty thin area for disc golf...

If you've got lots of free time, you could try going South a little ways from Liberal to Guymon, OK. They have a course there (9 holer), but it's pretty rugged. It doesn't get much use and it's in a rough part of the park, but it's one to add to your list.

I really enjoyed the course in Pratt, KS wonderful use of the park and available obstacles. It's a ways east of Liberal, but you won't notice since you just zone out in the incredibly flat landscape. You can cut north from there to I-70 and hit the course in great bend which i've never played.

Aside from the Garden City course, there's one in Colby, and supposedly another one in Oakley (not in the directory) where you would get off of I-70. If you got off the interstate at Goodland and took Highway 27, three little towns, Sharon Springs, Tribune and Syracuse have courses. All of these are nine holers (the Tribune course is a six holer), and while I've never played any of them, I've never heard anything particularly great about any of them.

I'd second the suggestion to stay in Colorado until you get to Pueblo. Pueblo City Park alone will beat any of these courses. You can still hit Syracuse and Garden City if you're itching to play that bad. There's also a 9 holer in Lamar, CO.