• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ranger Bag Rainfly.

@iDiscGolf

* Ace Member *
I moved to Oregon and wanted to continue to play rounds during the rain, I like the rain but don't want to be or have my stuff soaked all the time.

I found a rainfly at Next Adventure that works perfectly for my dynamic discs ranger backpack. It's the Wilderness Technology small 25-35 liters.

Works great and cinches down to make a tight fit around the bag, costs less than $10

picture.php

I see quite a few DD Rangers during rounds... that should be a nice find for people.

Looks good, and I have a question. I've never had a backpack, and I don't have a rainfly for my Fade tourney bag. What keeps the rainfly from being a total PITA to pull a disc out for every shot? Are you just able to kinda pull the side around enough to grab a disc out, or what? Just seems un-user-friendly, but probably better than a soaked bag. I only ask cause I have no experience with rainflys. Thanks!

I can't speak to this rainfly on a Ranger.
On a Grip, if you secure all the snaps, you have to undo at least one of them to get to a disc... I usually just snap two at the top, but I really wanna try the zipper mod 1978 did here:
attachment.php

Thanks, BogeyNoMore, that looks like a good system. I saw another backpack once with a rainfly that had a flap that made easy access, but i don't remember which bag it was.

Thanks, BogeyNoMore, that looks like a good system. I saw another backpack once with a rainfly that had a flap that made easy access, but i don't remember which bag it was.

I believe you're speaking of the Ergo 2... stock pic from manufacturer's site to follow:
ERG2.06-3.jpg

The flap that is folded over the top of the bag in that pic folds down and overlaps the other portion of the bag. I love mine, and having the rainfly like that is one of the things that keeps me from moving to another bag.

I believe you're speaking of the Ergo 2... stock pic from manufacturer's site to follow:
ERG2.06-3.jpg

The flap that is folded over the top of the bag in that pic folds down and overlaps the other portion of the bag. I love mine, and having the rainfly like that is one of the things that keeps me from moving to another bag.

That looks like the one. :thmbup: I'm liking that bag as I don't carry more than 14 discs and don't need some monster on my back. Off now to look for the best price. Thanks!

That looks like the one. :thmbup: I'm liking that bag as I don't carry more than 14 discs and don't need some monster on my back. Off now to look for the best price. Thanks!

But if you live in a place where you may NEED a rainfly, chances are you may need extra storage for dry towels, jackets and other gear. So, the Ranger bag excels in these situations.

I'm all for mold consolidation, I used to fill up my ranger bag with discs, because, well I could. But that bag is light when empty compared to others, and I'm only carrying a dozen discs or so now. But using the extra large top storage compartment for all my other needs comes in handy more often than not. :thmbup:

I just played with a guy with that bag too and it looks nice, and comfortable. And the rainfly is a nice one (kinda like the c14 agile). It's not any lighter however.

At $10 a rainfly, I might even experiment and install a zipper or flap system on it. Definitely a plus in steering me in the ranger direction for my next bag.

The smaller grip also has a rainfly where you can access everything

I use a couple dry sacks for hiking for dry storage for fleece jacket/other layers as I warm up during a round.

Works well and is a very lightweight well made package.

At $10 a rainfly, I might even experiment and install a zipper or flap system on it. Definitely a plus in steering me in the ranger direction for my next bag.
I'd like to see that done for ideas. Like the grip rainfly mod above, it doesn't look hard to do but what do I know, I probably couldn't sew a button onto my pants if I had too. :\
The smaller grip also has a rainfly where you can access everything

I use a couple dry sacks for hiking for dry storage for fleece jacket/other layers as I warm up during a round.

Works well and is a very lightweight well made package.
I have the c14 too w the $30 rainfly... However I still end up using my ranger allot, it's so comfortable AND THAT TOP STORAGE COMPARTMENT SON, really tho!

So you carry dry sacks and do what with them, carribeaner or attach them to the outside of the Agile bag?

This is just something I found that'll do for the ranger, since DD doesn't offer one and I haven't seen any posts showing what other people are using during rain. (Besides an umbrella)

Anybody got a link for buying this online?!?

I'd like to see that done for ideas. Like the grip rainfly mod above, it doesn't look hard to do but what do I know, I probably couldn't sew a button onto my pants if I had too. :\

I have the c14 too w the $30 rainfly... However I still end up using my ranger allot, it's so comfortable AND THAT TOP STORAGE COMPARTMENT SON, really tho!

So you carry dry sacks and do what with them, carribeaner or attach them to the outside of the Agile bag?

This is just something I found that'll do for the ranger, since DD doesn't offer one and I haven't seen any posts showing what other people are using during rain. (Besides an umbrella)

Attach to the outside of the bag.

I'll snap a pic tonight. They are roll top compression dry sacks that fold/roll up very small when not in use. They have plastic clips (for the roll top) that I just run through the D rings on the side of the bag.

I wish the C14 had snaps or a D ring closer to the top of the bag/putter pocket though as that would be a much better location to clip towels.

Bringing this back from the dead, with all the rain that we have been getting here as of late in Texas it has made me realize I need a rainfly. idiscgolf, do you have a link to where we can purchase this? I did a search on nextadventure.net to no avail. thanks

Latest posts