• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rank em: Top 10 most overstable drivers

New run MF Firebirds
Old 150g Z Flick
My 147g GL Halo (<-- nothing like any other Halo)
Nuke OS
VIP Sparkle Giant
Champ Whippet X
Spirit
Champ Teerex-X
CFR Max
ESP Venom

New run MF Firebirds
Old 150g Z Flick
My 147g GL Halo (<-- nothing like any other Halo)
Nuke OS
VIP Sparkle Giant
Champ Whippet X
Spirit
Champ Teerex-X
CFR Max
ESP Venom

You have a light crazy stable Halo too? My first Halo was a 160's GL and it was soooo beefy. As it broke in and I gained power I went up in weight then went to higher weight Opto and never found another Halo that even approached the level of OS of the first one. I have compared parting line heights and dome and cannot figure out what is different about it.

You have a light crazy stable Halo too? My first Halo was a 160's GL and it was soooo beefy. As it broke in and I gained power I went up in weight then went to higher weight Opto and never found another Halo that even approached the level of OS of the first one. I have compared parting line heights and dome and cannot figure out what is different about it.

Me either. I didnt; even think they made Halos that light and it was a typo on ebay (thought it was 174g). Scaled it at local proshop... this thing is borderline unusable - no glide, immediate left turn even in a headwind on an anny line. :\

I have found some strange Halos. One 174 GL that is not really that OS but is immune to any wind. Another 175 Opto (domey) that is like a Nuke OS, and some other 169-172s that are flippy brand new. Luckily, through trial and error, I know what to look for (dome, PLH) when I'm buying one so I get the flight I want.

Just curious has anyone else thrown the Ching Suoreme Genesis?

Well, shoot..the Trespass and Destroyer are as overstable as I throw

Well from a fellow golfer that also has 9 lifetime aces, let me tell you that my champ xcal is the most OS thing I throw. And yesterday that Xcal flipped over and went OB right into a 25mph headwind on a hyzer release!!! Now it's entirely my own fault as I've been using this disc the past year as my thumber disc and it's getting a little beat up, but I still ended up with a circle 5 on the card and almost lost my bagtag because of it. We don't need this crazy OS stuff most of the time, but on those particularly windy days you just might find yourself wishing you had one too. I own most of the discs people have already mentioned, so I'm going to take my own advice and throw a couple in the trunk for future windy days like we had yesterday. :D

I'll list the ones I have thrown in order.

12X Flat/stiff Firebird
Metal Head Viper
Star Whippet X
RAM
PD-2 S Line Chaos
Original Bar Stamp Vipers
DX Whippet
11X Firebird
Z Predator
DX Viper

1.) 12x Flatt Stiff Firebird
2.) Spirit
3.) CFR Max
4.) CFR Viper
5.) Elite Z Nuke OS
6.) C-Line PD2
7.) Champion Ape
8.) Elite Z Preator
9.) Elite Z Crush
10. Elite Z Xtreme

Close 11.) Elite Z Flick

1.) Gateway Blast DT
2.) Gateway Spirit
3.) Latitude 64 XXX
4.) Innova Max
5.) Discraft Flick
6.) Millennium EXP1
7.) Westside Giant
8.) Innova Monster
9.) Discraft Predator
10.) Innova Ape

I'm just assuming an average for the mold, obviously some plastics/runs will add some variety. I considered this for any distance driver as some discs like the Viper and Whippet are crazy OS, but can still be flipped into some turn with a hell of a rip because they are so slow. The faster discs listed will always perform crazy OS no matter at what speed they are thrown.

Nuke OS, Blitz, Force, Rampage are extremely OS, but not as ridiculous as the 10 I listed IMO.

Last edited:
I was looking for this, thanks for making this time well spent reading this whole thread.. :clap:

Obviously most of you have not had the pleasure of throwing a Z Xtreme. It was only mentioned 1-2 times in the above posts. Hands down the most os driver made.

This is a tough list, I've changed it several times in my head already.

1. 12X Flattop FBs - RHBH it goes left, doesn't really matter what the release angle is.
1a. Proto Z Nuke OS - I never threw a production run because this disc made me feel inept.
3. Z Xtreme
4. Gateway Spirit
5. Opto XXX - just picked this one up, I like how it almost drops out of the sky
6. Z Flick
7. Sparkle Tsunamis - can only comment on the red ones, but they are nice and stable.
8. Z Predator - I know, nearly identical to 7.
9. Whippet-X - haven't thrown them much, but they are reliable
10. Z Talon - depended on the run, but some of these are super OS

There are quite a few discs on others' lists I haven't thrown, but I think this is a good representation of the ones I've tossed. There are always those freak occurrences like a flat top wraith of a friends that is every bit as stable as a Nuke OS, but I tried to stay to molds (or at least plastic blend/runs for a mold).

i dont use or have a lot of OS
but i do have a star whippet X and its like a boomerang for me

I'm only the second person to mention the mighty Ram? Here, I'll make up for it:

1) Ram
2) Ram
3) Ram
4) Ram
5) Ram
6) Ram
7) Ram
8) Ram
9) Ram
10) Ram

If Innova would press some Champion Rams, I would pony up $25 for it immediately without even asking my wife if it's okay. The Rams of yesteryear would last half a season before not being much overstable. A Champion Ram would outlive us all. Even Chuck Norris wouldn't be able to flip it.