• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rank em: Top 10 most overstable drivers

I'm good with Firebird, if it's literally table-top flat, where the rim cross-section looks like an anvil. I had a max wt Z Flick about a year into playing, and thought it was "broken." Similar to the FT firebird, IMO. Beefiest 2 I've thrown, personally.

I've got one of the newer "rubbery" "star" bottom-stamp Destroyers, and it's almost ridiculously angry OS, but i don't know for how long....

I agree with the above poster, that a Shock can be beefier than a reggae firebird.

My list is assuming all are being throw = to their intended speed, no more no less

1. Opto xXx
2. Opto Giant
3. Glow Firebird
4. Z Nuke OS
5. Opto Trident
6. Proline Tsunami
7. Champ Ape
8. Z Force
9. Z Flick
10. C-PD2/1 either will do

1) evo spirit (like 5 other gateway discs tie for this spot)
2) new run firebird
3) NOS
4) max
5) flick
6) Ti force
7) xxx
8) whippet
9) trident
10) PD2

1. Flat Firebird(Glow ones are stupidly overstable)
2. Speed Demon(at least the one I threw)
3. Whippet(in non-dx plastic)
4. Champ Monster
5. Ape
6.Nuke OS
7. Flick
8. Max
9. Predator
10. Z Force

I can't honestly rank them because some I never threw side by side, but here is a list of the discs that came to mind.

1. Ching Supreme Genesis
2. Ape
3. Nuke OS
4. XXX
5. Flick
....everything else I think of is below the ones listed.

Sorry it's not 10. :)

Champ Monster X is the most consistently overstable disc I've ever thrown.

After that:

Champ Max
Star Max
Glow Flat Firebird
Z Nuke OS
Z Flick *
Flat 12x FB
Champ X-Cal
Z Predator
C-PD
Whippet-X

There are several I haven't thrown.

*exceptions: my brother-in-law has a Flick max weight with a PLH so high it almost has a concave top. This disc is the most overstable thing I've ever seen. It is flat from PLH to PLH. Wow.

There are quite a few types of FB's that fly differently, so it's not entirely accurate to drop all FB's into one category.
First Run Glo Firebirds are the most stable thing i've thrown...EVER!
Flat-run 12x FB's are next. There are some that are not flat-runs.
Gateway Spirits are also way overstable.

In no particular order:

Champ Viper
Champ Whippet
VIP Giant
Opto XXX
Metal Flake Firebird
Ti Force
Gateway Speed Demon
Gateway Demon
Tachyon 4.1
Z Xtreme

The Phenix. JayDub said that you used to see people before tournaments, back in the day, crushing them into the ground to try and break them in.

picture.php

The Phenix. JayDub said that you used to see people before tournaments, back in the day, crushing them into the ground to try and break them in.
I heard the same story from the same man! Love the history lessons I get from throwing rounds with him! Don't like the beatings though. :eek:

What about the Ram? I think it was Three Putt who said it was so overstable that it wasn't even in Innova's catalog. Only for the biggest of arms.

I can't honestly rank them because some I never threw side by side, but here is a list of the discs that came to mind.

1. Ching Supreme Genesis
2. Ape
3. Nuke OS
4. XXX
5. Flick
....everything else I think of is below the ones listed.

Sorry it's not 10. :)

Nah man. Appreciate your input. :hfive:

Most overstable in my bag

1. 2nd run Valk
2. Ce Whippet
3. Proto Excal
4. Eco Boss
5. Teerex