• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Rare PIAS Finds

sgYFqIm.jpg

1.1 S.OF

had found a Wizard G9i back in 2004 in a dark red color but the disc was discontinued already or at least a limited production, Found it new but they still made the Hard Wizard at the time never used it, my dad used that one he got new and still has one in his bag that I did not like as much as the bead at the bottom was smaller.

I no longer use the Wizard but if my dad were to use the disc and get his lost some how I would give him mine in same color as the value of the disc is not there. Just a rare disc at 172 grams same weight as my dad's Disc. I think it is up to the director of the tournament if the disc is illegal according to current rules. As that is why the G9i Wizard disc is no longer made did not meet PDGA specs for flexibility and the Hard disc my dad has is borderline on the flexibility specs to why they no longer make the hard version.

2012-03-26

2012-03-26

spent $11 today at PIAS!

That putter, my dad uses same one in white like that but his is black or dark purple like that disc, he bough the disc new when he was searching online for a OOP Ching Juju Supreame (Gumm Champion) plastic 175 grams and the Rhyno due to its floppiness in Pro was a close as he could find at the time in 2006. He did not like the Hard Wizard as a putter, it was more an approach disc for him as that Wizard had too much glide for him to use as a putter though he used it for a about his first 1.5 years as his putter till he got better. Found a Ching Juju that is now his main putter unless wind, for $30-$35 in 2006 on E-bay.

Last edited:
I found both of the beauties last weekend... $3.99 and 7.99... Both are 8/10 conservatively!

Attachments

• 20180708_074923.jpg
    20180708_074923.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 162
  • 20180708_074923(1).jpg
    20180708_074923(1).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 62
  • 20180708_074914.jpg
    20180708_074914.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 53
I think he means the SE plastic. That gloriously gritty goodness that is SE.

Nope actually mean the Soft DX Ryhno, was a run of that for a few years before the Pro Rhyno came out after they stopped making the CE Rhyno. I have only seen 2 of them. One was an uncle who used one until the Pro Ryhno came out at about the time his Soft DX Ryhno was dying, now He uses the APX after he lost all his discs in a fire at his house I think it fits his putting style better. Then a person I regularly played with, he had one after Innova stopped making them and when it died he would soften a regular DX Rhyno either in the sun during summer all day or in the car for 2 hours. He did the first one or two in the Microwave for ~3 seconds but it made the plastic too tacky for his liking and found the other two methods better.

Two of these I found in my bag.

Attachments

• WP_20180709_20_27_06_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180709_20_27_06_Pro.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 117
A couple weeks ago I grabbed a 2016 Sexton fb and a 2017 Sexton fb bot around 7/10- gonna be good throwers. Then I found an almost brand new 150g "No time" KC Roc the other day. Do people still like those?

I found both of the beauties last weekend... $3.99 and 7.99... Both are 8/10 conservatively!

Big Rhyno stamp needs to be brought back. The little Rhyno is dumb. The Cult of the Green Pro Rhyno was once devout. Would like to see that particular hue again.

2q9au7b.jpg

160plso.jpg

Bought at lunch.
Surely worth 100s of something. Signed numbered proto !

.... will trade for an equivalent in dx rancho rocs. Grubby inked throwers to new

ODRB will give you a Rocthecasbah and two DX Roadrunners for it - if Kilgus signs it too.

It's already been thrown. Give it a toss. The Touch is a decent mold. Profile? I'm guessing PCT means "proto cam todd". Or is that pet? The Carbon (Karbon?) plastic of my greens is really nice.

Last edited:

Latest posts