• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Rare PIAS Finds

Saw this at the PIAS but didn't get it. I'll be there again tomorrow nearby. Are these even sought after?

BnbDEZml.jpg

Don't think so. The Stingray wasn't/isn't very popular.

Actually, the Stingray is a staple mid in a lot of guys bags. Both pro and amateur. A lot of the older dudes I play with like them because their arm speed isn't what it used to be. Where some of the 990-1000 rated guys like them for big turnovers or rollers.

John Ahart won Pro Worlds in 1988, using a Stingray for like 80% of his tee shots.

It was a revolutionary disc when it was first released and everyone threw them!

Don't think so. The Stingray wasn't/isn't very popular.

Actually, the Stingray is a staple mid in a lot of guys bags. Both pro and amateur. A lot of the older dudes I play with like them because their arm speed isn't what it used to be. Where some of the 990-1000 rated guys like them for big turnovers or rollers.

John Ahart won Pro Worlds in 1988, using a Stingray for like 80% of his tee shots.

It was a revolutionary disc when it was first released and everyone threw them!

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. Probably get it just cause and keep it for myself since it was so cheap. I'm addicted to the rainbow stamps, I need help...

I just picked up a new shark3 with the sparkley protostar stamp for $14. DGC had them for 20 and i wanted one so i grabbed it. I'm lucky cause my pias stocks just about everything-- prodigy, westside, dynamic, legacy, etc. But the used bin isnt full of treasures cause at least 3 employees play and i assume the snap up the good stuff.

I just picked up a new shark3 with the sparkley protostar stamp for $14. DGC had them for 20 and i wanted one so i grabbed it. I'm lucky cause my pias stocks just about everything-- prodigy, westside, dynamic, legacy, etc. But the used bin isnt full of treasures cause at least 3 employees play and i assume the snap up the good stuff.

I think the ones around here do "lists" I got on a couple but Im so low I'll never get a call. Haven't found anything great in the bins yet. They all pretty much carry only innova here too. I've asked about the other brands and they're always like we're working on it, but that's been the same thing fro over a year now so who knows. The one did just start carrying Prodigy though so there is a glimmer of hope.

Its not all bad though, they usually have a decent amount of F2s and if I need a Leo or a Roc I always know where I can pick one up quick. Hopefully they get some of the F2 roc3s so I don't have to pay the 6 bucks shipping on them from innova.

Saw this at the PIAS but didn't get it. I'll be there again tomorrow nearby. Are these even sought after?

BnbDEZml.jpg

people love the circle stamp ones I think. I am sure you can sell it for 12ish

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. Probably get it just cause and keep it for myself since it was so cheap. I'm addicted to the rainbow stamps, I need help...

I actually sold a 9/10 circle stamp Stingray for 30 bucks recently so you shouldn't have trouble re-selling it if necessary!

11x pearly, fly dyed, glitter stamp, mint, Champion Eagle. Score. Do you mind me asking how much it cost you?

Picked up these circle stamped Shark and Cheetah for $10 combined today, the Cheetah has CAL tooling, anyone know how much they'd go for?
sy9ymr.jpg

Latest posts