• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Rare PIAS Finds

I figured it out, the stuff comes in but it never gets to the rack. I stopped by to see what my local place had, a few things but nothing terribly exciting. I was paying for a disc and under the counter I saw what looked to be a nearly brand new blood red first run CE Leo. I asked her about it and she basically said it was sold. So I gave her my number and we will see if she calls me...who knows.

Found a rare first run star destroyer 10/10 condition. Apparently we had a collector who lived about 30 min from where Im at and he was getting married and had to sell off all his collection. this disc is beautiful and will be in the marketplace very soon.

I don't know maybe other Michigan people can chime in but the PIASs Ive been to here aren't very good. Any disc that cheap seems to be beat to crap and anything in decent shape is nearly as expensive as new stuff. I stopped by ones Id never been to before and all they had was a tote of used disc.... fantastic I think....yeah well....how about 8 and 7 out of 10 discs for 16.99. They had used wizards for 16.99, that's more then they go for new. Now this place was the extreme but on average the used prices around seem to be higher then I think they should be.

Won't ever know, I just sold this thing so I can buy something that I do desire. I do this often, find some rare stuff in PIAS around my metro area as we have 10 in about a 30 mile radius of my house, when I am playing in the area of a particular course I just stop in and swoop. I would say for every 10 stops, I find something 2-3 times but generally it is worth my time as I dont bother on buying something for 10 bucks that is worth 12 bucks. I let some stuff go that they were charging 5.99 that I could get 15-20 on. Very rarely do I actually find something in there that I want for me.

Well you have to figure out the right time to hit them up and what not but obviously if workers are disc golfers then its gonna be tough

Would I be able to bring in discs like a Champion Groove (slight use), Blizzard Champ Ape (only thrown a few times just really want to get rid of both) to a PIAS to trade them for something they have in their selection instead of getting cash?

Would I be able to bring in discs like a Champion Groove (slight use), Blizzard Champ Ape (only thrown a few times just really want to get rid of both) to a PIAS to trade them for something they have in their selection instead of getting cash?

They prefer that.

Just found a PIAS in my area that I had thought closed years ago still open. I go in and find stacks of MVP. They probably have more disc then the 3 area dick's sports combined. Definantly going to cut down my online ordering. Glad I was working in the area and got rained out.

When asked how much they generally do on disc trades, he mentioned maybe $5. Guess that's better then nothing for my overly fast drivers that I will never throw. The buy 10 disc get 1 free is great incentive as well.

Then they can mark the Champ Groove $10.99 and sell it to a noob. :hfive:

I was told by the manager they do free under $15 disc at the location I was at. I asked because I am pretty much only buying MVP at this point. Another trip and I will most likely satisfy the 10 disc card. I'll gladly pay a couple bucks for another disc.

I did find a blowfly for 7 bucks. Is it worth picking up? It seemed way too floppy to be of any real use to me so I left it. Hadn't seen one before.

I was told by the manager they do free under $15 disc at the location I was at. I asked because I am pretty much only buying MVP at this point. Another trip and I will most likely satisfy the 10 disc card. I'll gladly pay a couple bucks for another disc.

I did find a blowfly for 7 bucks. Is it worth picking up? It seemed way too floppy to be of any real use to me so I left it. Hadn't seen one before.

unless you plan on throwing it probably not. I knew a guy who used these for rollers, not really sure how.

I think people use them mainly for sphincter-clenching upshots where rollaways would be very painful.

The other DG customer in the store was excited when I found it and taked about how great they are for about 5 minutes. Like I said, seemed useless for me. Didin't know if it would be worth picking up and re-selling. I do agree that once that thing hits the ground, its stopping, I just don't know how you could do much with it.

I got excited when I saw the MVP discs I was looking for and didn't really pay much attention to the other used disc section. Like I said I was really impressed with their disc selection, esp considering I thought the store closed 10+ years ago.

Latest posts