• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Scale - 1st impressions

joeypaul007

After putting RDG's new Scale (proto run) into my bag for the last few rounds, I can definitely say I'm impressed, intrigued, and definitely going thumbs up.

Putting was comfortable, and not a big change in feel from the Judges I normally throw. Being a bit more OS was not much of a factor on putts inside the circle, and the thumb "depression" made the disc feel comfortable and worn in right from the first throws. :clap:

Upshots and approaches is where the disc really shined in my initial feelings. :D The slightly more OS flightpath made this disc more consistent on placing upshots under the pin, and I had to worry less about headwinds than I would have has to with Judges or Wizards (which were my previous P&A choices).

Driving off the tee was buttery smooth, not at all surprising considering its a Wizard descendant. In strong headwinds (which it saw several here in the Midwest) did see some more turn than I was expecting, but my proto-run was not quite as flat-topped as I believe the production runs are going to be, which should alleviate that issue.

Overall the disc is a win for RDG's initial mold, and has me intrigued to see how the disc changes with other plastic runs. For those looking for a more OS complement P&A disc in their bag, the Scale should definitely be given a go. :thmbup:

This is very good news. Can't wait to get mine in the mail. How was the fade at the end of the flight for putts outside the circle? Did it fade hard? Glide? Drop off?

I've only thrown my Proto-Scale for a day but here are a few quick thoughts I have.

I threw this disc along side a SSS Wizard and an RFF Wizard. Just holding the disc you can tell it is in the same family but is a completely distant cousin.

The thumb contour, is not very intrusive for my grip. I normally hold my thumb where the contour sits so I find it very comfortable in hand. It may be uncomfortable for someone who hold the disc closer to the rim.

The Scale held up with for forehand drives for me. Even for my bad ones that had a little oat, the stability of the disc shrugged it off.

Putting felt fluid but I did find myself aiming a little higher and to the right than I normally do as I moved further out of the circle (push putt).

The flight is very predictable and (still need more time) but I think I don't have any overlap with my MVP/Axiom putters in the bag.