• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Real dominator review

slickwheels

Birdie Member
The other posts went all over the place so I am making a "hopefully stay on topic" dominator review thread. I will use colors and pictures to try and make it good:)

Sample discs provided by two of our very own excellent traders. (efan08 and Rastaman)
175 champ dominator with new wing on left
155 blizzard champ dominator with original/test wing on right.
picture.php

175 champ dominator with new wing on left
155 blizzard champ dominator with original/test wing on right. This one is domier than the other. It also has almost no bubbles in it.
picture.php

175 on left has a convex concave bottom wing, like an s.
155 on right has only concave rim.
picture.php

This is the 175, it has the concave/convex s wing that the disc is currently being produced with.
picture.php

For reference.
My normal distance drivers I throw are nukes and boss's rhbh 350-375' during actual course play.

I will talk about the 175 first because it has the wing the disc will be run with.

Feel.
In the hand the disc feels very comfortable. Not stiff, not floppy but right in the middle soft and grippy.

Flight.
This disc is fast! 340-360 today. It was only about 5-10' short of the Nukes in my bag. The flight is a nice subtle s shape. It has a little bit of high speed turn and a soft fade at the end. It hyzer flips flat to straight for me at 340'.
I feel this disc has some great potential in the big d slot once I get used to the flight. I might compare it as a faster star wraith, more stable than a new champ katana or as slightly less stable than a new z nuke. Very workable for 340'+ shots.
I like this disc.

Next I will discuss the 150 blizzard from the kansas city wide open. I believe this was made with a test wing as it is quite different from the current wing.

Feel.
Sightly gummy pop top. Domey compared to the regular champ version.

Flight.
Fast and flippy. Thrown low and flat it's turn and burn. Thrown high and flat it will go very far and turnover the whole way never fading back. It hyzer flips to turnover. I don't know what to compare it to, just very long and understable.
I dislike this disc.

If anybody has any info about the different wings or how they think the disc flies let us know here please!

I may have to try this again then cuz yea the blizzards are rollers no matter how high u throw then.

Interesting. So the convex/concave rim is similar to the krait's in how it has that little bulge then sucks back in? It makes for a comfy grip that's awesome.

^^^ yes the new wing feels very comfy.
I don't have a krait to compare the rims but I would say it is faster and maybe a touch more stable than the champ krait I tested.

The flight numbers look like a faster Krait and I LOVE my Krait...but I also love my Star Wraith. Very intriguing and I cant wait to give it a shot. Ive got a decent arm but I have some trouble getting my Boss to work for me. I dunno. Maybe this one can help me master the warp speed stuff.

like seeing all the SNAC dyes on here...I traded my dominator away without even throwing it. Kinda wish I had at least tested it.

Looks like I'll have to try both the Dominator and the Krait...at this rate, I may be broke as soon as I get paid:|

No, not like a groove. Like a faster wraith.

This disc has a lot of potential.

what I meant was the dip in the wing looks like a groove (small G)
and a smaller groove than the Groove had

so kinda like the second incarnation of the Groove

what is the nose like?

it looks bluntish

is Innova making platypus/frankenstein discs now?

a general mixing together of OS and US flight features into a single disc?
(blunt thick nose (Gator/Monster), convex wing (US like a RR), and a concave wing)

nothing wrong with that
just an interesting evolution so to speak

Yep.

These blizzards are so inconsistent!

The Blizzard used for this test was the prerelease version so it will need to be re-reviewed when I get a current production model blizzard.

We can complain about inconsistant Blizzard plastic in one of the blizzard plastic threads please.

Im glad you like that Dominator! I was tempted to throw it, but I didn't want to try and work a new disc into my bag haha

I purchased a new FR this weekend, something maybe to note, 175g (mine at least) seems to have bubbles in the rim. thought this is strange. Unless I am mistaken is Innova using blizzard tech for normal runs now or is this just a mistake? curious.

I purchased a new FR this weekend, something maybe to note, 175g (mine at least) seems to have bubbles in the rim. thought this is strange. Unless I am mistaken is Innova using blizzard tech for normal runs now or is this just a mistake? curious.
its a mistake and should have been a x out.

Dominator arrived

My Dominator arrived, have not thrown it, but here are a few notes: flat, low profile disc, kind of like the flatter Katanas, rim is shallow, not deep like a Boss or Nuke, the wing has a ridge around the inner rim like the Gateway Slayer (see picture). The shallow rim does not excite me, I prefer deeper rims so I can get more of my fingertips against the inside. A little more tilt to the inner rim that I like. This seems like more of a Katana tweak than anything else. I am guessing this will start turning early, which is not good, I think you get max distance with a disc that waits longer before the high speed turn starts, but the only way to know for sure is go out and throw it, hopefully tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCN1836.jpg
    DSCN1836.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts