• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rebuilding CLard's throw

Can you elaborate a little on hip depth? By depth are you referring to how far towards the right side of the teepad (if camera is behind teepad)?
Yes, first vid in The Hips thread goes over it.

https://youtu.be/rmK6cvtzAEk

attachment.php

I think I see what SW is saying, that you should be using the right leg to get the momentum going earlier pre-xstep. If you wait, the body starts getting out of balance trying generate force mid xstep.

That what I'm hearing SW?

Attachments

• 843F3C76-6A1C-409F-B2FC-0E43EA0D433C.jpg
    843F3C76-6A1C-409F-B2FC-0E43EA0D433C.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 106
Need drive forward off right foot going into xstep. You are leaning back and then tipping forward going into plant and jamming into front leg.

I would suggest doing the elephant walk or reverse.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3579801&postcount=86

I think I see what SW is saying, that you should be using the right leg to get the momentum going earlier pre-xstep. If you wait, the body starts getting out of balance trying generate force mid xstep.

That what I'm hearing SW?

I can see the difference in rhythm watching one of my throws then watching a great thrower. There is a bump in the cadence when I tip back and then forward.

Pacing felt different on these. Trying to spring off right foot more and just never completely weight left foot. It's funny because it FEELS like my left foot is barely touching the ground. Feel ain't real.

Looking better. Still weak on legs driving hips forward. Note how Markus leaves the left foot and fully shifts forward before he starts rotating on front leg and he doesn't pop upward during the swing. Your rear foot is trying push too late and driving you into early rotation and early extension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0#t=1m14s

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 10.56.08 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 10.56.08 AM.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.18.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.18.45 AM.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 89
Tying Dave Feldberg and Young Dro seems like a stretch! LOL, two different humans probably don't exist.

But that's the position. It's going to feel like "remain (shoulder) open, remain open!" so I strongly suggest doing it slow and methodical for many reps. I personally struggle with it.

I'm struggling to feel the drive off back leg. Had a terrible field session yesterday where I tried to use the rear leg more to drive and I ended up just pushing myself further forward off of the back leg into an elongated stride which obviously didn't help anything.

I watched that purpose of the stride video and that was a pretty good explanation of what it's doing and why, but I still don't know what the right feel is for it. The one thing he said about using the back leg to drive the front foot down made gave me an idea about something to try for, but I'm struggling to feel it at all. Anything I can do to exaggerate this feeling or drill it? I watched swivel chair, and swiveled in my chair but as soon as I stand up the feeling stops making sense.

The more I watch my throw vs the pros I can see that is such a foundational change. It seems like a completely different power source/drive to the swing if you are using the back leg properly.

Rear view might help some more showing how your left foot is stepping in the way in front of your right foot to fully extend the right leg. Note how your right leg is still bent and left foot stepping out ahead of the rest of the body. Note in bottom pic how your legs are backwards your left knee is straight and right knee bent, while Markus has right knee straight and left knee bent.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 12.27.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 12.27.16 PM.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 124
I am having a lot of trouble bracing. I either jam my foot into the ground or I do my normal leg bend/not committing to the weight transfer. It's a struggle.