• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Recomendation for different fairway driver.

I would say if you want something that is a father flying straighter Egale try a Valkyrie in the wight you want. It is a true driver however it is slow enough as a speed 9 that it is one of those not quite a distance driver, speed 10 and up not quite a fairway driver disc speed 8 or down, a true driver though it is slow enough to work. Get the dome to the disc you prefer, I like a lower dome flatter disc, but not to where it would be nearly a 3 version of the disc. I have a Champion Glow Valkyrie, Glow version is the one like the old champion when new. I also have a Star Valkyrie from 2008 that might need replacing, rim is looking worn down a little bit form play, or they changed the rim on the newer Valkyries from the old Juliana Korviar ones.

Recently I bought a 170g Star Valkyrie. It flies like my Q JLS and DX Teebird, but some meters farther.

The Newer Valkyries are longer fliers then the old Juliana Korviar Models as those were a bit slower disc, you can see it with the rim of the disc being a few millameters shorter with my 2008 Ice bowl Star Valkyrie and my new Glow Champion Valkyrie both about 171 grams or 172 grams. Though that could be just the age of the 2008 Ice bowl Star Valkyrie.

The only problem I see with a Valkyrie is that they are not good in the wind once broken in. They might fly like an EX sometimes, but they're not as beefy or wind resistant.

good trilogy options IMHO are:

Warship - speed 6- tweener disc/ flies extremely far
Undertaker - kind of like an FD/leopard3 ? except better?
Stag - once beat in a little it will be the perfect stable/us/hyzerflip disc(ignore the flight numbers)
Escape - very long and glidey(flies like a distance driver for me)

Latest posts