• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Regionally Thrown Discs

condors 200g.....isnt that illegal?

Nope, max weight for any mold depends on it's diameter, though there is an overall maximum of 200g for any size disc. That's why a lot of discs don't go over 175g while a larger diameter roc can be 180, and something like a zephyr or condor can go up to 200g.

The Dx Leopard, Dx Shark, Dx Aviar, because round these parts, the innova starter pack is the most common item sold. I would say the most individual disc, would have to be the Beast.

The Dx Leopard, Dx Shark, Dx Aviar, because round these parts, the innova starter pack is the most common item sold. I would say the most individual disc, would have to be the Beast.

Beast is big around here too.

For about a week I thought Jaguars were cool because of their larger diameter.

I will be honest. I miss having this disc in the bag. Something about throwing a dinner plate was fun. That disc glides forever and is great for rollers. I once played a round with a guy who played gramdmasters in tournaments. Entire bag consited of Jaguars and Aviars. That was fun to watch. His comment was no your disc inside and out. Throw to its strengths and avoid it weaknesses and your good.

I will be honest. I miss having this disc in the bag. Something about throwing a dinner plate was fun. That disc glides forever and is great for rollers. I once played a round with a guy who played gramdmasters in tournaments. Entire bag consited of Jaguars and Aviars. That was fun to watch. His comment was no your disc inside and out. Throw to its strengths and avoid it weaknesses and your good.

You want a dinner plate? I have a #2 Roller for you.

Went out to a bomber course today (Crown College) and all six of us had Z Nukes. A few carried ESP Nukes as well. One even sported a Crystal Nuke (I would love to get my hands on that one).

To be fair to this group, they purposely pick the hyped discs just to give them an honest try. Three carried the new Hurricanes and had decent results with them. I might give one a try.

However, this was truly a bomber course and recently I have been working on pulling back "opening it up" and working on fairway control. Even hitting 380-400 feet, I felt like the weak arm today because I had been working so hard on control that I did not feel comfortable going all out.

While I did take my Z Nuke out several times, I did try to see if I could get matching distance with a hyzered Valkyrie and Sidewinder.

well, at leagues last weekend, i asked the TD of our halloween glow tourney if he ordered any CFR/custom stamped discs. he says "no..." i told him that for $350 you can get 50 gateway putters; stamped and shipped. to which he says "who the hell throws gateway putters?" and then the rest of the people at leagues looked at me like i was nuts...

well, at leagues last weekend, i asked the TD of our halloween glow tourney if he ordered any CFR/custom stamped discs. he says "no..." i told him that for $350 you can get 50 gateway putters; stamped and shipped. to which he says "who the hell throws gateway putters?" and then the rest of the people at leagues looked at me like i was nuts...

You should have slapped them all in the face with a Gumbputt

Popular Discs in your Area?

I was talking to a friend who moved down to North Carolina and he was telling me how everyone down there throws aviars and rocs. I thought that was odd. Maybe its a southern thing that Discraft and Gateway are like the Toyota's and Honda's of disc golf. Id say up here Buzz's, wizards and challengers are a bit more popular but far from dominating the local mid and putter scene.

I see a lot of roadrunners and sidewinders around these parts. Only seen one ion that wasn't mine

In my area it is only about high speed wide rimmed discs. Not entirely sure why it is so focused on these but it most definitely is.

Koffee

The high speed crap and lack of good fairway drivers is quite prevalent at Lum Park. I've also seen way more Buzzz's than Rocs.

Anything DX Innova for newer and Rec players. No other companies seem to exist.

For those who have been playing a long time all you see is beat to hell Champion drivers and either Rocs or Buzzz (no other mids exist).

For those newer players making their way into advanced and want to show off their big arms, it is all about Z Nukes.

What I do not get is that GGGTs stock of Lat has been absolutely picked through and yet I see almost no one else locally throwing them. They must all be internet orders.

Same here. The local sporting goods store has 95% Innova, so that is what I see most noobs throwing. I also see a ton of noobs throwing DX Wraiths and Valks. I also see alot of Challenger putters in the hands of noobs.

I thought about it and basically all I see is Innova.
Some Discraft, some Gateway, and a few peeps I know throw Ions (thanks to Apothecary). Also a few Lat64, but that's because Discovering the World carries so many.
Maybe it's because I live in Southern California but it seems like it's Innova, Innova, Innova.

Latest posts