• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Release point question

SithL0rd

When driving I have to stand about 30-45degrees \ to the direction I want to throw. I throw RHBH. Is this normal? Am I gripping too hard or something? I've adjusted to this and it seems to work for me.

I've only been playing about 18months and use a Buzzz and Roc3 as my drivers. I can consistently get them 250-275' and everyone once in a while get a good 300'

Attempted ascii art below is a depiction of my stance and where the disc goes.
|
|
|
|
\

thanks for any help.

Remember when it comes to run-ups and different shots there is a "right" way to line your body up. Not every shot should be thrown from a straight/head on approach. Incorporating different angles in your stance and run up will allow for easier hitting of the targeted line.

Ex. Big hyzer shot should be a left to right movement up the teepad and closed stance vs anhyzer shot should be the exact opposite, moving right to left up the teebad and a more open stance.

Thanks for the replies. I will watch the video tonight.

I probably should have said I'm throwing from a standstill just trying to get my form consistent.

throwing from a standstill is one of the hardest throws. The rest of us step or run up because it's easier to generate a little more power and to make the disc go in the direction we are moving.

yeah anytime there is room I always like a step over standstill. Often seems like people try to reachback TOO far from a standstill and then transfers into strong-arming the disc when runup is added in..

I agree but ultimately timing dictates strong arming. Until you have the technique and timing, its all strong arming to a degree. A longer reach back makes no difference in strong arming once the timing is correct. From my humble experiences.

I generally aim my shots right between the shoulder cap and rear delt.

Last edited: