• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

removing ink from yellow band

cheese dog

Birdie Member
hello all, my local course must have had some guys that thought highly of themselves. the yellow band on the baskets is getting covered in sharpie ink. I need to get the ink of without hazing u the powdercoat. my first thought was acetone but just want to see if anyone else removed the ink without damaging the yellow powdercoat. thanks, any input will be great

When I asked about this a few years back, Go-Jo hand cleaner was recommended, but I never did try it.

Magic Eraser and elbow grease.

I second this. In my experience, the ink will come off much easier if you attack it soon after the basket has been tagged. It's the ink that has been on for months or years that is extremely challenging to remove.

STOP TAGGING THE BASKETS DICKWEEDS!!:D

Morons feel that getting an ace on a hole gives them the right to deface a basket. And why the trace a circle around a disc and call it a "disc charger"?

Last edited:
I second this. In my experience, the ink will come off much easier if you attack it soon after the basket has been tagged. It's the ink that has been on for months or years that is extremely challenging to remove.

This is the answer. I've removed sharpie from more than one band or tee sign with little more than a towel, some spit, and a lot of elbow grease. It doesn't shine like new, in fact there's usually a tiny smudge left over, but the point is that it no longer looks like writing. It could be a mark from a disc hitting it.

In my experience, graffiti attracts graffiti. Idiots see that one person has tagged a basket or tee sign with "Ace" and a date, and they decide to add their own proclamations. The real idiots are the ones that don't have aces but find it necessary to tag their "birdies" and "eagles" so they have something to write. So getting to the marks and obliterating them ASAP is what keeps it from becoming a bigger problem.

I forget where but I remember a course that had a designated place on their bulletin board for aces, perhaps more courses should do that to give people a place to record their aces for all to see without vandalizing stuff.

Anybody else wonder if the same people who tag baskets have also tagged themselves? (tattoos)

I would love to know that stat. Maybe the PDGA could spend some some of my annual membership dues to figure that out. :)