• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Removing old Chainstar orange stickers?

Innovadude

Birdie Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
What's the best way to remove the old orange Chainstar stickers from a basket? I've got new ones to put on here at Lakeshore, but the old ones are really stuck on and shredded, need to be fully removed first, anyone does that before?

Maybe try some automotive decal remover. If it works, it'll soften the vinyl and the adhesive allowing you to almost wipe the sticker off. Wear gloves though.

Or the cheap way is oven cleaner. But it often doesn't work well.

The home depot has goo gone and this orange citrus air freshner. the air freshner will eat any plastic you get it on but as far as stickers and decals it eats through them.

Having worked at sign shops before, what worked best to remove old vinyl and stickers was with a heat gun and razor blades. To remove the adhesive, nothing works better than Bestine (should be able to find it at art supply stores). It's actually a rubber cement thinner/reducer. It's much more potent than the store-bought adhesive removers. The caveat though is that long-term exposure to skin can cause damage to your central nervous system. The stuff works wonders though. In my present vocation, I have to remove very sticky adhesive at times and Bestine is what I still use.

WD40 works very well and almost everybody has a can somewhere.....