• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Removing Stamp Make It Illegal?

Technicaly speaking,
You can remove the stamp legally with acetine or other liquid.
Dyeing over it or marking over it with a pen or sharpie would be legal.
Sanding it off would be illegal.
Putting a sticker over it or painting over it would be illegal.
Other than that, you're good.

So long as you don't change the weight of the disc, you're fine. As junkie said, marker/ paint won't work, as this would add weight. So would stickers or decals.

Just to be clear

Removing the stamp is not an issue.

If you use anything to mark or decorate the disc, and that decoration isn't perfectly flat, it will be illegal. That is why paint or stickers are illegal. Both would add a perceivable bump to the plane of the disc. It does not matter whether it's on the top or bottom of the flight plane either.

Sorry to bump this thread up.I know it is old,but maybe someone else who thinks it's illegal to do this will know it's ok.

I was browsing around earlier and seen something on Flashing? and this.I thought they were both the same and kept searching.After enough searching I came to this thread.

It's good to know that it's not illegal to remove the stamp of your discs.All of my discs are done this way.I use Acetone and it works great.So a big weight is off my shoulders now.

I wouldn't worry about it. Even if it were illegal (which would be illogical), you could just tell the TD or whoever is calling you on it that it wore off. None of my discs are as easy to read now as they were on the shelf at Chainbangerz.

Latest posts