• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Reptilian Disc Golf Gecko Bag (Casual Round Bag)

Well I love the Gecko. Every improvement I wanted to make to my Nutsac 1.0 single, has been made here.

What I like:
-Doesn't feel much bigger but holds 8 discs compared to 6. 7 (2 putters, 2 Mids, 3 fairways) in the main compartment, 1 driver in the rear slot.
-Zippered pocket! And that pocket can actually fit my iphone6... And a pack of smokes and lighter... Much better than the original Nutsac pocket that could really only fit a mini if I was carrying 6 discs. Love that the pocket is on the flap.
-The clip is big enough to carry a towel and my keys, nice to not have to use a carabiner.
-The strap seems more comfortable slung across my shoulder/chest/back than the Nutsac for some reason.
-The water bottle sleeve. Oh my goodness, yes, the amazing water bottle sleeve. It holds a Propel bottle, my preferred discing refreshment, perfectly. No longer do I need a clip on water bottle on a carabiner, bouncing all over, weighing me down, and making my small bag too uncomfortable to leave on my back for putts/approaches.
-Little pockets that are perfect for a mini and a scorecard.

Awesome product!

Another LIKE for the the Gecko. Looks good, fits well, and holds everything I need. I lugged around a 7 putter stack the other day and have it rigged to a Gocart with my competition bag for this weekends event. I suspect I'll end up carrying this bag more often then my other bags (simian, comp, deluxe mini). NutSacs sell a ton, I'm surprised it has taken this long for some competition to emerge.

Possible improvements:
- Removable strap
- Install something in the zip pocket that will hold some stuff in place. I'm thinking an elastic mesh pocket/sleeve opposite of the zipper. This way some of my stuff isn't rattling around as much.
- Is there such a thing as a double button? It would be nice if the flap could be opened up and buttoned on the back of the flap button. The flap is long enough to open up and fold the end to use the available button, but if there was a double button I wouldn't need the extra fold.

Hey cooker I installed a snap button on my Nutsac for the same purpose. Very simple to install and cheap to buy. $5 for a box @ HomeDepot with the setting tool. The craft stores have them too. All you need is a hammer and an awl to pierce the fabric. You can't mess it up. Now my flap stays in place and out of my way, works great.

This Gecko does look really awesome and add another bottle holder option and I'm in.

Thank you for the reviews guys! I'm super pumped to see that it is impressing you.
I too believe that the Gecko is going to be my most used bag this summer. It is so quick & convenient without really sacrificing any "extras" that I would ever carry. Water bottle, phone, wallet, keys, etc. Easy!

I am working on finalizing our second run numbers with more colors and the slight tweaks that I mentioned earlier:
-movie the pencil slots up front to create a mini pocket
-upgrading the swivel clip to one with metal components
-upgrading the interior lining to match the exterior material (these are going to be even tougher)

I didn't really think that we would end up being a company that always stocked a bag but the Gecko has really impressed me in terms of finishes. No Excuses really made the casual bag of my dreams and again... I'm really excited that DGCR is digging it.

Any chance I could order one with another bottle holder when I'm ready to buy one? One thing I always need at my home course is my golden retriever as a river is in play on 3 pretty wooded holes. The extra drink holder doubles as a place to stash the retriever.

Looking forward to the restock! I've been toying with buying a casual bag for a while now that travels better than my Fade Crunch. This has just jumped to the top of the list!

Looking forward to the restock! I've been toying with buying a casual bag for a while now that travels better than my Fade Crunch. This has just jumped to the top of the list!

We just placed our order with NOX.
Looking like Camo, Gray/Black, Neon Green, Black w/ light blue & black w/ mint green will be our next color offerings :popcorn:

We just placed our order with NOX.
Looking like Camo, Gray/Black, Neon Green, Black w/ light blue & black w/ mint green will be our next color offerings :popcorn:

Any idea of a time frame? Don't want to miss out again.
Or better yet, pre-order?

Any idea of a time frame? Don't want to miss out again.
Or better yet, pre-order?

I second that question. I would love to have a friend bring me this bag from US when shes coming later this month. Any chance they will be available soon?

These should be done within the next week or so.

The new color schemes look incredible & the slight tweaks we made to the design are going to make these bags even more perfect.

Attachments

• Geckos.jpg
    Geckos.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 118
The last post was may 08th. Estimated timeframe was two weeks for the bags. I want the green scale bag for my nephew !

The last post was may 08th. Estimated timeframe was two weeks for the bags. I want the green scale bag for my nephew !

I am learning the ways business works...
I shoukd always add on time on projections for delays, mishaps & othe delays....

No Excuses finally wrapped up this batch of Geckos and got them shipped out today. We SHOULD have these within the week!

I'll keep everyone updated when they arrive. I know you're not the only one banging down the door for one.

All my extra discs are boxed up (in the middle of a move) so I won't be able to check to myself for a few days...

Does a Condor fit in the Gecko?

Condor fits. As a matter of fact, 2 condors+2 Zephyrs fit comfortably.

+1,000,000,000 to Reptilian.

Condor fits. As a matter of fact, 2 condors+2 Zephyrs fit comfortably.

+1,000,000,000 to Reptilian.

"The Lid ready business-casual bag" :clap:

Second batch of Geckos arrived yesterday. They look really really really nice.
I'll have them posted sometime soon. Damn work..