• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Reptilian Disc Golf Raptor: Overstable Control Driver

jcassidy1990

Reptilian Disc Golf
The Reptilian Disc Golf Raptor is the debut project between RDG and Daredevil Discs!

We have teamed up with Daredevil to take their overstable control driver mold to bring you our own flavor of reliability. The Raptor is a speed 10 fairway mold that delivers consistent flights in any wind conditions.

Preliminary Flight #'s: 10, 3, 0, 3

Flight numbers are on par with a C-PD & Firebird. The Raptor is slotted right between those classic molds in stability for my arm (400 ft. of DD power). It will provide an extra dose of stability from a PD or just a tick more glide than a FB.

The first plastic we have the Raptor available in is ArmorFlex. It is very similar to an ESP FLX plastic. For our first production run we will be producing them in a more stiff variant, Armor. We are only able to produce the discs in one color as our run quantities are small. We have devised a method to dye each disc so that we can achieve a few different color options. The test run worked to perfection and we now have some killer colors to pair up with the white.

Each disc is stamped with the amazingly graphic Loteen stamp and features the RDG Proto Egg stamped on the bottom. Thank you as always for your support DGCR. I'm so pumped to be stepping into the driver game :thmbup:

Oh and these are soon to be PDGA approved.

If you are interested in checking out the Raptor, they are available here

k86nja0.jpg

5tfqL7e.jpg

Last edited:
Have a few heading my way. Thanks for the heads up! If you haven't shipped it yet, you're welcome to ship the Scale from the giveaway with my order.

are these going to be available in light weights? say 168ish? def interested in checking this out!!

are these going to be available in light weights? say 168ish? def interested in checking this out!!

Good Question.
Daredevil produces the "Buffalo" which is a DX version of this overstable driver mold in the mid 160's. I love the flight so I would say that at some point we will try to get the weights down for the Raptor!

You got any insight on why DG Aotearoa's Raptor is on the approved list as Rapter? It's a real Diisneyland situation :) They stamped 'em with an O! Good news for RDG, Raptor is available... for some strange reason.

You got any insight on why DG Aotearoa's Raptor is on the approved list as Rapter? It's a real Diisneyland situation :) They stamped 'em with an O! Good news for RDG, Raptor is available... for some strange reason.

I emailed them. They said it was a typo on their part :p

Gave me permission to use the name!

It seems like this is the same stability slot that the FD3 is supposed to cover. Can someone compare the two at some point?

It seems like this is the same stability slot that the FD3 is supposed to cover. Can someone compare the two at some point?

Very similar in terms of stability & dimensions.

Your selection will boil down to mainstream vs. "Craft" disc golf label :popcorn:

Also the Raptor kinda reminds me more of an old school feel in that there is an intentional, mild dome present.

Last edited:
How would you compare it to a Predator?

Pretty similar.

I'd say the LSS is a little less aggressive but still pretty hard.

I know that this field is pretty crowded with classic molds and hot new comers (FD3 & Felon) but this disc has really been a gem for me. Perfect amount of workable beef.

I have knocked out the beefy mids in my bag for a duo of Scale/Raptor. I can effectively flick both molds in most conditions so my short range approach game is rapidly improving.

I also have been able to get some surprise distance out of the Raptor. A couple torqued over flex lines have yielded some 330+ft rips that are still biting at the end.

I'm going to compare this against my tried and true Banshee, as well as a C-Line PD. Hopefully these ship quickly...I'm very eager to test these out.

Expect a video within a couple days of me getting the disc. I'll do it much quicker than the Sobek video ;)