• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf Serpent: Stable P&A

jcassidy1990

Reptilian Disc Golf
I would like to announce the RDG Serpent as our second mold to be produced.
The Serpent will feature the same RDG thumb contour top as the Scale, while having a beadless wing. We took the Magic bottom and matched it up with our top just to test out the venting of our mold...after a few test throws we knew this disc had to be put into production.

Despite having the Magic bottom, the Serpent is not an understable flyer. Our thumb contour top adds HSS to give a very neutral stability to the Serpent. Full power drives will give just a slight wiggle and then it will lock into the line it is thrown on. The fade is light, but present enough to be considered reliable. I would give (arbitrary and preliminary) flight numbers of 3, 3, -.5, 1.

I used to be a fanatic for my Proto 400s PA4 that flew very similar to those indicated numbers but all other Magic/PA4 seem to have a lot more turn. The Serpent is really in that rare category of a point and shoot PnA mold that combines glide/speed with supreme control.

In the circle the Serpent is a much straighter flyer than the Scale. It will finis a straight putt, dead flat. It also features a seemingly impossible amount of mass on the outer wing. These discs are incredibly gyroscopic, feature the thinnest flight plate on the market, and have some serious legs. The Scale isn't the putter to win you a distance competition...but the Serpent most certainly is.

Attached is a few pictures of the Serpent wing. The bottom is Serpent (left) vs. Scale (right).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 460
Oh my. Yet another putter I have been dreaming of. More HSS Magic/ PA4 in better base plastic. What's next? An '04 Kenny Glow Roc clone a'la a Karma with a different top in that coveted urethane goodness? This should be a winner too! Look forward to trying both of your discs at some point.

Oh my. Yet another putter I have been dreaming of. More HSS Magic/ PA4 in better base plastic. What's next? An '04 Kenny Glow Roc clone a'la a Karma with a different top in that coveted urethane goodness? This should be a winner too! Look forward to trying both of your discs at some point.

Hahahaha. Once you feel this fossil plastic you'll be hooked.
I have dreams of running a new mid in this fossil and maybe even a cycle-able fairway. Who knows though. Either way the Scale-Serp duo is going to be a winner!

that looks like a great compliment to the scale. very nice work!! looks like a contender against the aviar, if its anything how good the scale was

🐍

Chalky RFF Serpents are live on reptiliandiscgolf.com !

This prototype batch feels ridiculously nice. The flight plate feels almost non existent. Our flight plate is so thin that the hand feel between your fingers feels so controllable & intimate. The flight plate also feels almost weightless whereas the rim feels dense and meaty.

After so testing of n frigid temps, these Serps are Flyin not right at our projected 3, 3, -.5, 1 for flight #'s. Deadly straight and a ton of distance potential.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 65
I cannot wait for some above zero temps to throw in. I am super stoked about this disc. I wouldn't normally pay what I paid for this putter,(and it was still reasonable by far), but, Jamie was willing to provide me with exactly what I wanted. A proto fossil flag stamp. Which is exactly what my scale is. I love the hand feel of the serpent. When I used gateway, it was Wizard for long and headwind putts and approaches, magic for everything else. I am planning on starting a cycle of both these discs in Fossil. These are seriously some of the best plastic for putters I have felt. And I have felt up a lot of putters. These actually have made me decide against the MVP atom as a putting putter. Probably still by an Atom or two for my gyro bag, but they will not be in my regular bag. The scale/serpent combo is it for me.

Honestly, with the level of customer service RDG supplies, they are becoming my seller of choice. I have only dealt with Jamie, and he is amazing. Will do whatever he can to make you happy. I really would love to see a mid. And fairway. And distance driver. Hell, if RDG comes out with an entire line, I would buy them all. That's how much I like Jamie and RDG.

What weights are the chalky RFF Serpents? I don't see an option on your site to select a weight.

I don't see mention of weight for the Serpent either but in the Scale thread Jamie said you could request a weight by including that information in the comments section while placing your order. I just ordered the Scale and Serpent last night and there was a place to enter notes for the seller on the Paypal checkout page. Hopefully his instructions for the Scale hold true for the Serpent as well as I was assuming they were max weight which is a bit too heavy for me.

I don't see mention of weight for the Serpent either but in the Scale thread Jamie said you could request a weight by including that information in the comments section while placing your order. I just ordered the Scale and Serpent last night and there was a place to enter notes for the seller on the Paypal checkout page. Hopefully his instructions for the Scale hold true for the Serpent as well as I was assuming they were max weight which is a bit too heavy for me.

I got the note on the weights:)

I have a 170g pulled for you on the Serp as well!

I got the note on the weights:)

I have a 170g pulled for you on the Serp as well!

Awesome! I wanted one of everything but finally convinced myself to show some restraint. :D

I noticed someone in the Scale thread mentioned a specific stamp request. Just out of curiosity what stamps are available? And if you don't mind me asking, what is that stamp on the blue Serpent on your store and facebook pages? My brain doesn't seem to be able to pull those lines together to make a picture. As soon as you tell me I'm probably going to feel really stupid though.