• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf Serpent: Stable P&A

I don't think that's crazy at all; I've always thought of the Berg as a slower/less glidey overstable Serpent (that's harder to grip for me).

I think the years of throwing the Berg FH and continuing to work on my forehand in general I am much more comfortable with a variety of discs than I used to be. The times I reintroduced the serpent as a backhand counterpart to the berg I didn't really give it a chance forehand again due to my initial comparisons 7 years ago. Silly me.

I will say I like puddle top/clovered up old discs and the berg gave me that out of the box. I have messed with clovering one of my armor serpents but got to aggressive with it :doh: trying to get that premium to hold. I will probably try to work in another one more slowly, but the ugly guy is in the bag for now.

Tomorrow is only a day away.

I see a happy dudeness tomorrow.

So bumping this just to say in the two rounds I played the last few days, a work event and a 1 day C-tier the Serpent gave me 2 throw ins over 100', countless parked upshots, and a $100 CTP in a throw off for an ace pool. Weekends like this make me one happy Serpent thrower.

So bumping this just to say in the two rounds I played the last few days, a work event and a 1 day C-tier the Serpent gave me 2 throw ins over 100', countless parked upshots, and a $100 CTP in a throw off for an ace pool. Weekends like this make me one happy Serpent thrower.
I'm finally bagging my blue 175g Armor Serpent and scout's honor I'm parked in bullseye for a tap in birdie nearly every time I throw it the last few weeks from ~225 and in. I don't throw it a ton yet, it only comes out a few times a round, but when I do...

I have to inquire, any chance Serps could be run in Fossil Glow someday? Fossil Glow Scales are perfection and pairing it with a Fossil Glow Serp would be my wildest dream come true.

I have to inquire, any chance Serps could be run in Fossil Glow someday? Fossil Glow Scales are perfection and pairing it with a Fossil Glow Serp would be my wildest dream come true.
I agree, my fossil glow scale is aging beautifully. It really embodies the velvety feel that the early fossil was known best for while being a little less stiff.

I agree, my fossil glow scale is aging beautifully. It really embodies the velvety feel that the early fossil was known best for while being a little less stiff.
I got a couple of sick birds with mine at league this week. Also hit a guy with it but we won't talk about that…

I might have to try a Fossil Glow Scale then. I love the OG Fossil plastic in my Serpents. I wish they would have a run more like the OG Fossil. Glow Fossil would be nice though.

I might have to try a Fossil Glow Scale then. I love the OG Fossil plastic in my Serpents. I wish they would have a run more like the OG Fossil. Glow Fossil would be nice though.
Fossil has been a pretty great blend in general. I do have one pair of old lizard stamped wizards that are more waxy than velvety but every other disc I have picked up in fossil has been just what I expected. I prefer my scales and serpents on on softer side though, and the new tar pit is great for those molds.

Agreed. The new Tarpit blend is really nice. I bag a pair from the run with the Freddy Kruger stamp. It was a special limited blend that I think was suppose to be in the realm of Fossil Flex but much softer than the original Fossil Flex. The Special Blend that they came out with the run before the Tarpits has seasoned in perfectly as well.

Serpents suck.
They don't turn.
They don't fade.

That is all.
I may be wrong but it sounds like this guy needed a serpent to turn and/or fade and it did neither.

Also if you're wondering who the bozo is who just ordered an unbelievable amount of fossil wizards… it was me

I did an ace race a few years ago with Scales and Serpents and people who picked the Serpent were really funny at first consistently missing arm side since they don't fade much lol

Has anyone thrashed a premium serpent? Does it become a glideless comet of sorts stability wise?

Has anyone thrashed a premium serpent? Does it become a glideless comet of sorts stability wise?
Ime, serps go from flat-straight with a bit of fade to hyzer-straight with no fade. The armor one I've been tossing/rolling has been holding true to that albeit more slowly/with increased durability

Latest posts