• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revo Dual Pack Vs. Grip EQ Bag

Revo Or Grip

• Total voters
I'll chime in here with this, I already have a dual pack, great bag,

But their customer service is ****. Before I ordered it I told him I had a tourney that weekend, so I wanted to be sure it'd be there in time, otherwise I was gonna wait til later. He says, "oh yeah, it'll ship tomorrow morning and be there no problem" and gives me the tracking number for the ticket he printed. Then the prick doesn't ship it until two days after he says he was going to, and when I send an email to say something his response is a generic, "if you are unhappy with it, feel free to return it for a full refund." **** you! I'm not unhappy with the bag, I'm unhappy with you being a goddamn liar.

**** that guy. But whatever, its still a nice bag.

^ this is strange. i had a similar situation with revolution. it was wednesday. had a tourney on saturday. had my new carolina on friday. shrugs.

I just got a revo backpack ,Im really diggin it! has lots of storage .holds my jacket and extra towels when needed,gettiing the disc out of the bottom no big deal. very well built. got it from a guy who didnt like it.got a great deal on it.

Don't bend the back of it. That was probabaly my biggest mistake. I stood it up in the back of my truck and shut the cap on it a few too many times. Make sure to lay it down.

I love my Revolution Dual Pack, its so great. I made the switch from a fade tourney bad (another great bag) mostly for more space for towels and the ability to throw some shorts and shirts in the top portion of the bag. I guess if there's a con to the bag is that you can't stuff 20 discs into the main opening, but why you would do that I'm not sure. I keep 12 in the disc space and keep extras on the side pockets and it works great, plus I've had no problem getting discs in and out of the opening. I've had zero problems with mine and foresee a long life with this bag.

I like the grip bag. Never had a dual pack but have seen them around. With my grip bag fully loaded it feels like nothing on my back. The weight distribution is amazing.

35 seems a bit high, both of the Jenkins told me about 25 is the most. That person musta really been packing them in there, I wonder how easy discs were to take out being that crammed?

I got an OGIO disc golf bag(back pack style) that holds 17-25 disc for $50. I love it! So comfortable, I won't go back to Quad-shocks or Innova straps again. I would get a GripEQ next if/when I ever replace my OGIO. Check em out at hazyshade.com

I have both bags, Love the Grip EQ mainly because the lack of needing the plastic frame that revo uses to hold disc and the bag steady.

I heard a rumor that Revolution is designing a new backup style bag. As well the guy behind VooDoo disc golf is also looking at designing a backpack style bag. Just rumors.

Last edited:
I just got a revo backpack ,Im really diggin it! has lots of storage .holds my jacket and extra towels when needed,gettiing the disc out of the bottom no big deal. very well built. got it from a guy who didnt like it.got a great deal on it.
LOL!!! That would be me that you got it from lol!! I'm really glad you dig it! Perfect example of to each his own!

Peace!

P.S. remember, the plexiglass over the top of the frame helps alot in getting those discs out. Man, too funny!

Last edited:
I'll chime in here with this, I already have a dual pack, great bag,

But their customer service is ****. Before I ordered it I told him I had a tourney that weekend, so I wanted to be sure it'd be there in time, otherwise I was gonna wait til later. He says, "oh yeah, it'll ship tomorrow morning and be there no problem" and gives me the tracking number for the ticket he printed. Then the prick doesn't ship it until two days after he says he was going to, and when I send an email to say something his response is a generic, "if you are unhappy with it, feel free to return it for a full refund." **** you! I'm not unhappy with the bag, I'm unhappy with you being a goddamn liar.

**** that guy. But whatever, its still a nice bag.

I have to call BS on this post!

Dave is amazing! I've ordered 4 or 5 bags from him and never had a problem! also, he doesn't give tracking numbers because he ships USPS!

Deal went down with ArcheType. I witnessed his stress level rise first hand.. I offered him a stress ball I had with a 7/11 logo but he declined.

I believe it 100% My cage broke after taking it out of my bag only the 2nd time since I owned it. I took pictures of the broken cage and sent them to Dave. He said since he never seen one break the way mine did he would not replace it. Said I would have to buy a new cage. In the end I just ended up making a better cage myself but still the stock cage broke at no fault of mine thought it should have been replaced by him.

Dave is amazing! I've ordered 4 or 5 bags from him and never had a problem! also, he doesn't give tracking numbers because he ships USPS!

I won't call "BS" on this, but I tell ya. I've sent him MULTIPLE e-mails over the years in regards to his products. Guess how many times he responded to my e-mails.......ZERO! SO I can't say if he's a great guy or not?

I
haven't used or seen a grip but I love my dual pack. Sure I wish that the top didn't sit on my discs when I fill it up. But I can deal with it. Its very durable and hold more than enough discs and room for extra stuff.

I
haven't used or seen a grip but I love my dual pack. Sure I wish that the top didn't sit on my discs when I fill it up. But I can deal with it. Its very durable and hold more than enough discs and room for extra stuff.
Before I got rid of my Dualpack. I went to Tap Plastics and had a piece of plexi glass made that fit over the top of the internal frame. It didn't stop the top from totally coming down on the discs, because I couldn't make it the full length of the frame (can't get discs out otherwise), but it helped alot.
Food for thought?

any chance anyone has an update on when the new version of when the Dual Pack will be released? this spring or summer?