• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revolution Disc Golf Bags

Another backpack to consider is the gorilla boy simian. It has a little less disc space, but a ton of storage and it's much more comfortable on the back than the dual pack, not to mention the built in stool. The main compartment holds 12-15 discs plus 2 putter pockets, either of the side pockets and the bottom pocket can hold an additional 3-4 discs or a full sized hoodie or all kinds of smaller stuff.

i have seen the simian before and the seat is comfortable but are they comfortable on the back?

More comfortable than the dual pack, not quite as comfortable as the grip. I have no problem carrying it all day on our course bagging adventures, 6-8 courses in a day and I never have any spots that rub or press on my back. There's a reasonable amount of padding between the frame and your back.

its hard to see the color in that picture but I'm thinking i might go the prodiscus route .

Yeah, they didn't do the bag any wonders with the blue hue in the picture. But it really is a gorgeous bag. It's a light color though, so if your bags have a tendency to get dirty you will want to take that into consideration.

I can spare another 70$ but should I? Lets hear from people who use one, does the prodiscus +/- more room then a dual pack. Also do they come in purple?

I've never actually seen the prodiscus bag in person, but have owned 2 dual packs, a simian, a grip, and now I have a MR golf mahal. The Mystery Ranch is without a doubt the most comfortable, and the biggest. The yoke system they use distributes the weigh better than any of them. I'm a big guy, and gettin the GB and grip off and on was my main issue.
I don't think you could go wrong with the Prodiscus, it looks like a monster, but FWIW the Mystery Ranch has a lifetime guarantee and is made in the USA. It can also be used as a carry on.

I moved from a revo dual pack to a prodiscus, I can carry more discs, more extra stuff (towels and whatnot), and it rides on the back so much better. Worth the extra $ for sure.

Prodiscus makes a purple backpack, saw one in the new style with the logo on the putter pocket on their marketing material on FB a while back. I think The Journey Post will order them for you or you can get them direct from Devan Owens on FB or from Kai (email address is on the board somewhere).

Prodiscus makes a purple backpack, saw one in the new style with the logo on the putter pocket on their marketing material on FB a while back. I think The Journey Post will order them for you or you can get them direct from Devan Owens on FB or from Kai (email address is on the board somewhere).

I stand corrected, then. I was actually unaware he was running a new set of colors.

Although on an off-note, I wish we'd get more info about that 12-15 disc backpack design he hinted at when these first came out.

Well, now that I'm looking at it, they call it purple but it looks like a deep purplish maroon.

523337_463934043628343_1628698558_n.jpg

Journey post is 3 hours from me and Owens is from tulsa if I'm not mistaken. Tulsa is even closer. i will be contacting to see about a prodiscus. thanks guys for the info!

kezLJSP.jpg

I thought Revolution was long dead and gone, but then I get a msg from a viewer yesterday that a new batch of their bags are up on GGGT.
Now I've been digging through old threads to see better what the history of the company is. I found a comment saying Revolution was sold to GGGT. I guess that explains why that is the only place to find them.
I just ordered 1 of each bag(not in colorway shown) so that I can review them.
Product photography is really lacking on these bags. Lets see them loaded with discs? The backpack bag for example looks crazy huge because they don't even have a disc showing in the picture for any scale reference.
With all they hype built up for the new Upper Park bag restock and then a lackluster release(again photography problems), I'm surprised GGGT didn't have some sort of marketing push to get this Revolution restock known. Maybe I've just been under a rock and missed it, but I tend to be pretty quick to jump on bag news.

For as big and famous as GGGT seems to be, it's pretty much just a ma & pa kind of operation. (with a bunch of employees)

For as big and famous as GGGT seems to be, it's pretty much just a ma & pa kind of operation. (with a bunch of employees)

Could be that the owner is from the generation that learned from parents who lived though the depression so they do things on the cheep end, no announcements no fanfare to save $$?

Last edited:
They do a regular email announcement (maybe just for people in the rewards club?), so they could use that platform like they do for Lightning discs at the very least.

Anyways. I know the back in the day, Revolution bags used to be pretty good stuff. Do they still hold up against some of the better bags out there now? Should be interesting to find out. Along with things like are they still in production or is there just a like Voodoo where it's the last of the production? When it's gone it's gone?

:popcorn:

They do a regular email announcement (maybe just for people in the rewards club?), so they could use that platform like they do for Lightning discs at the very least.

Anyways. I know the back in the day, Revolution bags used to be pretty good stuff. Do they still hold up against some of the better bags out there now? Should be interesting to find out. Along with things like are they still in production or is there just a like Voodoo where it's the last of the production? When it's gone it's gone?

:popcorn:

I think that if the bags are made to the same quality as the small and medium sized bags they made in 2000's then yeah they will hold up.

Not sure with GGGT on production making yet.

kezLJSP.jpg

I thought Revolution was long dead and gone, but then I get a msg from a viewer yesterday that a new batch of their bags are up on GGGT.
Now I've been digging through old threads to see better what the history of the company is. I found a comment saying Revolution was sold to GGGT. I guess that explains why that is the only place to find them.
I just ordered 1 of each bag(not in colorway shown) so that I can review them.
Product photography is really lacking on these bags. Lets see them loaded with discs? The backpack bag for example looks crazy huge because they don't even have a disc showing in the picture for any scale reference.
With all they hype built up for the new Upper Park bag restock and then a lackluster release(again photography problems), I'm surprised GGGT didn't have some sort of marketing push to get this Revolution restock known. Maybe I've just been under a rock and missed it, but I tend to be pretty quick to jump on bag news.

Yeah dude, the dual packs are pretty huge. They can hold a massive amount of discs if you use all the pockets. These new dual packs look like a slight re-design where they combined some parts from the original pack, and the dual pack lite. Their durability has always been pretty insane, and they were made in USA. I still have a mini deluxe bag that I've been using for about 10 years. The only complaint I've ever had about their bags are that they have no internal organization. Like no little pockets or dividers inside their massive pockets. Looking forward to seeing your review on these bags.

Bags are supposed to show up on Friday. I plan to do a live stream and unbox them all and check em out. Doth Savek on youtube if any of you want to stop by the stream and hang out.

I still rock the Revo orange 'Texas' bag from like 2006. I've had others - Grip, Voodoo - but I always end up coming back to the Revo because it simply functions better for storing things and it's easier to scale up and down the # of discs depending on that day's course. I carry anywhere from 10 to 20 discs comfortably and extra towels if needed.
After almost 15 years tho, it's showing some wear but not much. The corners still look good and most all the age-discoloration is around the top of the drink holders from coffee spills.
Also, I use a stool every round and this bag works great for that setup.

I think it was $110-120 in 2006. I bought it at the USDGC from the guy that made them